Chapter Twenty-Nine

A/n Hiya.  I've been working on this chapter and it's taken longer than expected so I want to get what I've finished out.  Anyways what I'm saying is I will be continuing this chapter in ch.30 which should be out soon as well.  

Jughead POV

I was drawn out of my thoughts by a loud crash.

I looked up to see the one and only, Betty Jones.

She was looking back and forth between the bathroom and the front door.

I jumped out of my booth without a second thought and starting approaching her. Sadly, as soon as she saw me coming she bolted out the front into the dimly lit parking lot.

I knew I had to follow her, to make this right, but I was cut off by Archie.

"Jughead, do you know what you are doing?" he asked as he blocked the doorway.

"I'm going to talk to my wife. Now get the hell out of my way." I snapped back. I really wasn't in the mood for his 'morals' bullshit, I just wanted to see Betty.

"Jughead she just ran away from you. I think that makes it clear she doesn't want to talk to you right now."

"DAMMIT ARCHIE, SHE IS MY WIFE NOT YOURS." I screamed in his face. I could see that the comment didn't sit well with him. I took a deep breath and spoke again. "Archie I'm not messing around, get the hell out of my way."

He gave a long sigh. "Jug, please think of how this will make her feel before you do this. She's really hurting and I don't think you chasing her into the parking lot to bring out all of your baggage is what she needs at the moment."

Part of me knew he was right, but a larger part didn't care.

"Archie..." I began slowly. "Get out of my way."

I knew he was pissed, but he knew arguing with me wouldn't get him anywhere.

He started moving back towards his booth but not before sending one last spine chilling comment my way.

"If this ends up pushing her away for good..." he paused making direct eye contact. "Just... don't say I didn't warn you."

"Got it." I said in the rudest way possible.

"JUG." He yelled before I got out the door.

"WHAT?" I shouted back a tad angrier then I meant to.

Without a word he tossed me her jacket. All I gave back was a sympathetic smile which he returned.

I headed out into the dimly lit parking lot to meet a shaking Betty.

She really looked different. She wasn't as happy.

"Betty..." I said as I walked closer.

She turned around slowly. She didn't smile. I really missed her smile.

"What do you want Jughead. Isn't it pretty clear that I don't want to talk to you?"

Ouch.

"Betty... We need to talk."

"Maybe, but not right now." She snapped. "Jughead... seeing you makes me feel physically sick. All I can picture is you with another girl." She backed up a little. "I need time."

I have to admit, her words did hurt me.

"Betts, I need you."

"OH DON'T YOU DARE PULL THAT 'BETTS' SHIT ON ME. I SEE STRAIGHT THROUGH YOU JUGHEAD." I was taken aback by this. She rarely yelled, but when it happened, it was frightening. "I FEEL LIKE A FUCKING FOOL IT TOOK ME THIS LONG TO SEE. YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ME, YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT OUR DAUGHTER. THE ONLY PERSON YOU CARE ABOUT IS YOURSELF. IT'S ALWAYS BEEN THAT WAY AND IT ALWAYS WILL BE." She began to slow down. "You're selfish and you don't deserve us."

"Betty, I can change. I can be a better person. I want to be a better person"

"You can 'want' all you like but that doesn't change who you are. Not many people can change. You're in the vast majority." I couldn't believe my ears. "Jughead... I have loved you since I was 15, maybe I always will, but right now I can't stand looking at your face."

"Betty, I love you too. Shouldn't that be enough? Knowing we love each other?"

"GOD JUGHEAD. DO YOU HEAR YOURSELF? YOU THINK SAYING YOU LOVE ME WILL FIX THIS. YOU MADE ME FEEL WORTHLESS FOR SO LONG." She paused for a second while looking directly into my eyes. "I've never been your first priority; I don't think I ever will be."

I cut her off.

"Betty that's not true..."

"Isn't it though?! I have a question. If by some miracle I took you back, what would happen? Would you break it off with Toni or just keep seeing her behind my back?"

I rolled my eyes. She sounded like Archie.

"I would break up with her. You matter more to me."

She scoffed in response.

"My fucking hero."

A/n I hate Jughead. I'll try to get the new chapter out asap.