Chapter Thirty-Three

A/n I'm back with part two! Idk if this makes sense.  It's 12:25AM and I'm very tired.

Betty's POV

We faced the same old truck that had brought us here not much earlier.

As I met the car he opened the passenger door for me.

I got in and took the cold buckle in my hand.  I knew what I was supposed to do with it but it felt like too much work. I moved it around and watched all the different lights bounce off of it.

Archie pulled his door open which startled me into connecting the buckle to the seat.

"You ok?"

I nodded my head not making eye contact.

He began again, "Where do you want to go?"

I had no clue.  I couldn't go home.  I didn't want to go back to Archie's.

"I don't know." I said flatly.

He stared at me silently then started the car.

He exited the parking lot turning right.

The further and further we drove the closer we got to our old neighborhood.  I could see our younger selves walking down the sidewalk.

I couldn't remember the last time I was on this street.  Ever since the last fight I got into with my mom I didn't dare go by that house.

I felt Archie slow down the car.  As I turned my head I saw we were parked in front of our old homes.

I couldn't detect if it was anger I was feeling or just a taste of the past.  The house I had in my sights was a den of horrors for so long.

My mother's car was still parked in the driveway. 

"Why are we here?" I asked without showing emotion.

"It was the only place I could think of besides our current homes."

I could see why his mind would go here.  We had spent most of our childhoods here.

I guess when I was trying to forget my mom, I forgot this place.  The place I had met one of the best friends I would ever have. 

I was entranced by the red door I had gone through so many times.

It weird how we get so used to doing something we forget that one day it will happen for the last time.

"Do you want to go somewhere else?" Archie asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"No..." I repsponded quietly.  "I want to stay here for a bit."

"Ok..."

After a few minutes something clicked.  I wanted to step through that taunting door again.

"I want to go in."

"What?" he said puzzled.

"I want to go into that house."

"Did you and your mom make up recently or something?" he responded trying to piece together why I would say such a thing.

"Nope, but I'm going in..." I opened the door and faced him, "Do you mind waiting."

"It's no problem" he responded with that kind Andrews' smile.

As I headed up the walkway I felt past memories rush back into me.  The same ladder Jughead used to climb through my window was still on the side of the house,  all of the flowers were arranged the same and even the same welcome mat appeared in front of the red door.

I knocked three times, unaware as to what my future held.

A/n I'm thinking Archie POV next ;). Gn.