Chapter Two

A/n Let's go ch.2

Jughead POV

I was worried about her and what she might say to me.

She hadn't said a word the entire car ride, which of course, left me alone with my thoughts.

I racked every single thing I've ever done in my life to try to find something that could make her this upset.

It wasn't until we pulled into the driveway that my mind came upon the letters.

Betty POV

The entire car ride I was trying to picture what I should say in a situation like this. I would never have imagined having to deal with something remotely close to these circumstances, especially with Jughead.

After sitting in the driveway for what felt like an eternity he finally broke the stillness by saying, "We're here."

I reached for the handle before he can make it to my door. It sounds petty and ridiculous, but I didn't want to give him satisfaction. He looked shocked when I did it. He would always open the door for me and I would always get out with a smile on my face and love in my eyes. I think one of the worst thing that this has made me realize is that no matter what he does, or how much it hurts me, I will never stop loving him.

Jughead POV

It hurt me to see her like this. It was like the life and light that was usually prominent in her eyes had disappeared.

I watched as she walked in our living room not looking back at me until she sat down on the couch. I took the look as a request to join her. I didn't entirely know what to expect but, by the looks of it so far, it couldn't be good.

I joined her on the couch slightly turned towards her. The quietness was defining.

I couldn't tell if maybe it was me who was supposed to start this conversation. But I thought it was worth a shot.

"What's wrong Betty?" I questioned.

She proceeded to stare at the floor. "You didn't clean up your mess in the study." She said flatly.

Was that really why she was this upset? Because I left my stuff disordered in our study? Something was definitely off because I know my Betty and she would never be this upset over something so juvenile.

"I decided to help clean up the mess while you were at work and I found this."

She pulled out one of the letters. I was in shock. I had no idea what to say at this point so she decided to continue the conversation by herself.

"I decided to look through the drawers to see if there were any more and there were."

She was now looking at me directly while I faced the floor.

"I read them Jughead. How could you cheat on me like that? Do I mean nothing to you?" she said, her eyes beginning to fill with tears.

I was stuck trying to form any words that I could think of. I wish I hadn't.

"YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO FIND THOSE AND YOU SHOULD NEVER HAVE READ THEM." I said more harshly then I meant.

Her sadness then turned to rage.

"JUG I AM DAMN SURE YOU ARE NOT TRYING TO BLAME ME FOR THIS."

Shit.