Chapter Twenty-Eight

A/n So I know I said I was going to post a long chapter in Jughead's POV but I decided to post this chapter first.  This is Archie's POV taking off from when Betty knocked over the dishes.  I promise Jughead's chapter is next.  I'm still working on it but ch.29 should be finished soon.

Archie POV

I found myself praying they would miss each other.

*crash*

I looked over towards Betty noticing the dishes that had been knocked over. Her body was facing Jughead while her eyes darted back and forth between the bathroom and the front door.

When she started making a run for the front door I stood up.

What I didn't realize at first was I had cut off Jughead.

"Jughead, do you know what you are doing?" I asked.

"I'm going to talk to my wife. Now get the hell out of my way." he snapped back at me.

I really didn't want him to make everything worse for her at the moment.

"Jughead she just ran away from you. I think that makes it clear she doesn't want to talk to you right now."

"DAMMIT ARCHIE, SHE IS MY WIFE NOT YOURS." he screamed in my face.

This comment didn't sit well with me. He knew it was a sensitive topic.

He slowed down a bit. "Archie I'm not messing around, get the hell out of my way."

I let out a long sigh. "Jug, please think of how this will make her feel before you do this. She is really hurting and I don't think you chasing her into the parking lot to bring out all of your baggage is what she needs at the moment."

"Archie..." he started slowly. "Get out of my way."

I knew he was stubborn and arguing with him would get us nowhere.

I started moving back to my booth.

Before I sat down I said one last thing hoping it would change his mind.

"If this ends up pushing her away for good..." I said while turning to make eye contact with him. "Just... don't say I didn't warn you."

"Got it." He said with a growl.

I looked into Betty's side of the booth and noticed her jacket.

"JUG." I yelled before he got out the door.

"WHAT?" He shouted back at me.

Without a word I tossed him her jacket.

He gave a sad smile before running out the door.

I slide into my booth and looked out the window.

As soon as he got to her I decided it was out of my hands. I would stay here as long as she needed but this was between the two of them.

What I knew for sure was Veronica wasn't going to be happy.

A/n This was extremely short but I felt like getting Archie's POV of the situation in there.  

Next chapter will also be starting from Betty knocking over the dishes but in Jughead's POV.  Gn.