Extra Chapter: Into Your Light

I took one last long drag before I threw the half done cigarette to the trash bin. The nicotine filled my lungs as different thought attacked my mind. It had been a year since the last time I saw my brother, twelve months since I killed him with my own hands. It was haunting me, every time the sun escape to the sea and the moon ascended up to the night sky I could see his face when I close my eyes.

Father was a mess since the night I told him what happened. He wouldn't believe me at first but when we opened Byo's room, finding numbers of pictures and files about his hatred towards me, made him changed his mind. Now, he was blaming himself on how he raised Byo with him and that he should've set him free like he did to me. This would never happen.

We made contact with Umi. She was surprised to what happened and said that she never thought Byo would do something like that. He was perfect for her. And I knew he loved her.

Locking the last cufflink on my right sleeve, I tugged on my suit and walked down from the balcony to the ground floor. I was wearing a designer's black three-piece tuxedo with my blond hair ridiculously styled to perfection.

Signaling a nod towards the doorman, he opened one side of the double door and I walked in the crowded room and swam among hundreds of humans in the four cornered place.

It was Father's birthday party, celebrated in an extravagant way as he always did. I greeted a few people I know and made a bee line to our table near the stage when an orchestra was playing a soft calming music. Yet even before I could reach the table, I was stopped on my track and stood surprise on my feet when I spotted her. She was talking to a man, smiling politely as she answered a question.

Aya was dressed in a champagne colored gown that reached the floor, her hair was styled elegantly in big curls and her face was glowing beautifully. She took my breath away once again.

I made my way towards her and it didn't take long that her eyes found mine. It was as if we had this invisible connection that sparkles every time we're near.

I heard her excused herself and she met me half way, smiling brightly at me that made me forget that I was struggling to breath from this place full of warm bloods. Aya could restrain herself longer than I could, maybe it's because she was human before.

"Hello." I pulled her closer to me by her waist.

She smiled and looked back at the dance floor where a few people were starting to slow dance by pair before she looked back at me. "Let's dance!"

Aya pulled me by the hand to the center before hugging me tight. "Hmmm... I like how you smelled."

I laughed and hugged her back before I swayed us. "How do I smell?"

"Soo good!" She chuckled looking up at me and I couldn't help but kiss her chastely.

"This gown looks perfect on you."

She pouted her lower lip and looked down at her dress. "I look weird on this."

I stared at her and told her what I only saw. "You look beautiful."

"I do?"

Smiling down at her, I nodded. "Always."

Aya smiled back warmly at me before she rest her head on my chest. "How's your conversation with your father?"

I told her to come to the party first because I'd like to talk with my father before I face these people. Accepting Aya in our family was too easy. Father liked Aya and even asked her for forgiveness for my "stupid actions" before.

"It was fine..." Our conversation was about Byo, me and our mother. "He said that I was like my mother... and here I thought he despise me."

Many of our fights came back to my head. I argued with him countless times, small things or not. I was such a bastard son.

"Hey..." Aya cupped my cheeks, pulling me back on my way down to self hatred. "It isn't your fault that you thought it was like that, he didn't clear it to you... Don't be so hard on yourself, Ruki."

I stared at her. For someone who was evil and living in hell, I could say I was blessed.

I was showered with grace by her.

Exhaling, I nodded. "He said I was too adventurous. Just like her. That's why he let me do things I want to do and confined Byo with him. Thought it was the best decision he made..."

I felt sorry for him. Raising children by his own must've been so difficult that this happened.

"Everyone makes mistakes in life. That's why we have tomorrow to make them right." She caressed my skin, effortlessly pushing all of my worries aside.

I stared at those consuming eyes. It seemed like years since the first time I fought my beast for her, centuries since I struggled with my thirst and decades since I battled to keep my nature of killing at bay. But if I had to do those things again just for her to stay with me, then I would without hesitation.

"Thank you..."

Her brows pulled together in confusion. "For what?"

I brought her hand near my lips and kissed her inner wrist. "Thank you for not giving up on me, for giving me hope, for teaching me kindness, for showing me direction in this life and for letting me love and feel loved."

Tears threaten to fall from her eyes and I wiped them hurriedly before kissing her lips gently.

Aya held both of my hands and stared back at me. "Thank you for existing..."

I smiled at that and pulled her flush to me, hugging her tightly as I swam on her browns. "My reason of existence is you."

I may call it Luck that I had her; but I prefer to call it Fate,

Because we were destined to be together,

Forever.