Chapter Three : Dance into the tune of Pulses

It was consuming, the way her eyes gazed to mine. It was alarming.

   If I had a heart, I knew it would be pumping pretty fast.

   "Uh." She averted her eyes to the ground and righted her self. She kept her gaze down and her fingers locked together in front of her.

   I let go when I realized I was still holding her arms. I fisted them at either side of me, refraining my fingers from wanting to trail it to her neck where her pulse beat.

   "Are you okay?"

   "Uhm.  Yes." She answered to the floor.

   I knew the next thing that I will ask would be very dangerous for both of us. But I couldn't seem to stop my shitful self and asked.

   "Do you want to dance?"

   She looked up at me with wide eyes then blinked. The girl looked back at the dancers behind her. She contemplated for a while, then she sighed and looked at me once again.

   "Yes."

   I unclasped my fisted right hand and offered it to her. She took it without hesitation.

   The feeling of her touch was bewildering. I closed my hand on her soft hand and led her to the center aisle.

   Slowly, I moved my other hand to her hip, careful with my grip. To my surprise, she leaned very close to me and laid her other hand on my shoulder. Then we moved in a faint sway.

   She was too close - filling my prey zone with her blood's tasty scent, making my thirst hum again in my ears.

   The song has a slow tempo with a bass toned man singing the lyrics out emotionally.

   I looked down at her just in time when she looked up at me.

   That's when I fully saw her.

   Covering almost half of her face was a white mask delicately designed with pink diamonds and silver glitters. Her lips were soft and pink. Silky brown wavy hair swayed in time with us. When my eyes traveled back to hers, I had this urge to pull her mask away to see her whole face. Even with a mask on, she was beautiful.

   I wanted to know her. I wanted to demand why she smelled this mouthwatering. I wanted to ask where had she been all of my existence.

   I wanted to taste her. I could imagine how my fangs go deep on her skin and the first taste of blood would be very exquisite I wouldn't want to stop. I would never stop.

   Realizing my thirst was calling me once again, I stopped the thought. I had to get away from here if I want to keep her alive, if I want to keep any human in this hall alive.

   I pulled my hands away from her and turned back to walk away hastily. As I passed humans after humans, I could feel the smell of blood closing in on me - taking my sanity out, pealing my façade off.

   Byo called my name somewhere afar but I didn't stop walking, until I was out at the garden. Frantically, I shoved a cigarette between my lips and lit it. I took a lung full of smoke and held it there for I didn't know how long. I blew it out just to smell it, hoping it would lessen the smell of the human blood, her scent. But it didn't work.

   For the first time, inhaling nicotine in my system didn't work its magic to lessen the scent. I turned around and punched the cemented wall, leaving a crack dent as I walk away.

   I needed to answer the call. I need to fill my thirst and there was only one thing left to do.

   I threw the lit cigarette away and left the garden. I jumped up to the wall when no one was looking and jumped down the ground at the other side. The street was empty and dark. I sprinted and look for my prey.