Chapter Five: Between Euphoria and Inferno

Yes, it was a great first day.

   Pure sarcasm.

   It was the worst first day of my existence.

   Never did I think that she'd be there.

   Of all the places in this damn world, she chose to be in that school.

   Not that I blame her, but damn! This couldn't be any harder now could it?

   I twirled the pen on my fingers for I didn't know how long and continued to stare at the wide aquarium at Sphere Corporation's eighteenth floor's lobby. The pen the girl lent was a black plastic ordinary ball point, but apparently it was made from France.

   Despite of my restrains, my mind once again flashed the time when our eyes met and locked. At that moment, the monstrous plan I had for her wiped away. I didn't know what exactly pulled me back from doing it but I knew it has something to do with her and those brown eyes.

   Walking out of that classroom was the hardest thing I did earlier. With my anger combining with my thirst, I was surprised with myself that I didn't rip that asshole's head. But before I went here in this luscious place I had to quench my thirst.

   The rich dark wooden double door opened across me and two men in suits went out, laughing.

   "Tomorrow, Matsumoto!" The dark complexioned man called back in the room before walking to the elevator with the other brunette.

   I was up from my seat and in front of the door before it closed. I tucked the pen in my pocket and opened the door wider with one of my feet.

   My father wanted space. And that showed from his spacious and modern office. Black and white everywhere. Masculinity was shouting at each corner. From the edgy desks and chairs to the bookshelves that were attached on one wall. I found him staring out from his floor to ceiling windows at the right side of the room.

   I walked towards the black leather couch across from his desk and lye down. I stared at the white ceiling, probably twenty feet from the ground. "Miori said you want to talk to me."

   And I knew instantly from the servant's call that this wouldn't be good. If my father just wanted to check on my ass or was just trying to piss me off then he'd call me personally. But if it was his servant, then it was a warning sign.

   The guy in gray suit walked to a circle glass table from the window and made a drink. "The school called."

   So this was about the walking asshole. I didn't reply and I looked back at the ceiling.

   "The principal said that a teacher named Sakamoto Abe isn't really fond of you."

   I huffed. I'm sure he wasn't.

   The clinking of ice followed by the sound of pouring liquid filled the room.

   "It's your first day in that school, Ruki." His voice was tight. "What kind of menace did you do this time?!"

   "I'm sure the principal filled you that."

   "You used vulgar language and called him a walking asshole!" I heard the irritation in his voice, so I looked at him and smirked.

   "Because he is."

   My father shook his head and took a little sip from his glass before he sat back down to his chair. "Can't you follow Byo's lead? He's doing perfectly fine with the humans around."

   I knew what he was saying. I was doing well too. But then this girl came into the picture and mess everything. I wanted so much to find out what's making her so different from the other. But apparently, it was just me. I was just the only one who finds her that savory.