Chapter Thirty Four : A Heart Beat

My eyes were red. My breathing suspended. My body was frozen.

But deep inside I was in a chaotic state. I was going crazy.

My eyes travelled and settled to Aya's fragile body. A portion of her stomach started to soaked in deep red liquid. She slowly fell, letting gravity take her down.

Thud

I was too surprised of what I was seeing that I didn't bother to fight Byo when he grabbed my arm and punched me hard on my left jaw. I was pushed back by the impact, forcing me to face the other way.

Byo laughed incredibly. "Your eyes are red, Ruki... Why? Is it because you want to suck her blood too?"

He grabbed both of my shoulders, yanked me forward before kicking me on the stomach. I held my stomach, stifling a groan.

"She does smell good, Ruki. I'm pretty sure she taste very delicious too." Byo said as he hovered me.

Sudden image of Byo and Aya came unbidden in my mind. I would never let that happen. The anger that I was feeling boiled up, giving me the energy that I needed.

I swiftly grabbed his arm, punched him on his jaw before throwing him across the forest. I turned and ran, ignoring my aching foot, not caring where Byo landed.

Thud

As I was nearing to Aya, Tego bend down towards her, moving his hand to reach her. I launched at him, pushing him with me away from her. Tego grunted when his back hit a thick root of a tree but that didn't stop him from standing back up again.

I attacked. I held his neck hard and slammed his head on the tree trunk earning me a cry of agony from his throat. He was not dead yet, I wasn't satisfied.

Forcefully, I grabbed his arm at the same time I punched his shoulder. I heard the crack of his bone together with his scream. I was still not satisfied.

"Please... Forgive me... Ru..Ruki..." He cried at me but I was deaf to his pleads.

He had done a lot that cause troubles to me and Aya. I could never forgive him.

Thud

I held his neck, gripping it tightly as seconds passed. Without looking away, I ripped his neck with my own hand automatically killing Tego Mizushima.

Limply, I walked towards Aya's direction. My beast reared its ugly head again, sniffing the air with its thirst on the tip of its tongue.

My feet planted on the ground hesitantly.

I didn't know how to fight the thirst now that she was bleeding. My beast reminding me that I haven't drink in a while, its throat was very dry demanding some refreshments, demanding blood.

I knew I needed to go to her. She needed me, most especially now that she was wounded.

Dying. That word hit me hard, slapping my doubt away. I was in pain right now because of the thirst but I would hurt much more if she stop living.

Without having any idea of how to fight my beast, I continued my way towards her.

Thud

I found her eyes and we locked gaze yet right now hers wasn't consuming. They were weak, in pain.

"Ru..ki..." Aya called in a grunted whisper. The right corner of her lips had blood streaming down on it.

I kneeled down beside her and held her hand tightly. "Aya... I'll get you out of here."

It didn't matter if I end tonight. All that matter was her, her safety, her life.