Chapter Thirty Three : Deep Within

Some said that you'd find peace in the dark, that living in silence and complete darkness would make you feel at ease. But that was wrong. It was full of chaos, misdeed and evil.

How did I know that, you ask?

I was living in the dark from the day I exist.

I had no option but to live in it. Every day. Every second.

That's why I make chaos, why I do misdeed why I was evil. It was my nature that I couldn't turn off.

But something miraculous happened - my darkness was showered with light.

That light stopped the chaos, It erased my misdeed and lessened my evil.

For the first time I felt peace. I felt good. I felt loved.

Yet I turned away from that light. I exist again in my own darkness because I knew that's where I belong. I didn't deserve any light.

But as I was drowning and dying in the dark, that light beamed again.

That light shine on me and gave me hope.

That light looked down at me and made me feel alive.

And I remember what love was.

There was nothing I could see when I opened my eyes but dark surroundings. I was still bathed in silence, it was too quiet, too deafening.

I could still smell blood coming some few feet away but nowhere was her scent. I couldn't feel her presence either and it was making me scared.

I was once again alone in my prison. I tried to stand or sit but even just a little move, I could feel a throb of pain shooting right through my limbs. I didn't force myself and just stared at the dark ceiling.

There was no window or a tiny hole to make a path of light, so here I was, blinded in the dark.

The silence I was listening to was suddenly stopped by a loud bang. There were shouting, curses and grunts coming from different voices. The smell of blood became stronger and a few heart beat stopped until I couldn't hear any. The door of my jail slammed open and a guy I never expect to be here came for my rescue.

"Byo..." I heard myself murmured.

A man jumped on his back, holding a syringe on his right hand. Byo stepped back, pushing the man to the wall. He held the man's shoulders and effortlessly threw him across the room. The man hit his head on the cement, making him lose his conscious.

Byo was in front of me in a flash. With his both hands he tore my chains.

"How..did..y.you. find...me?..."

He put my arm over his shoulders, helping me walk as he answer. "Since you're not answering my calls, I decided to ask some of the friends you have... Matthew confirmed you're here. He said you stood him up. I contact a few people that can find a missing person."

For the first time, I stepped out of my prison. A living room greeted me, decorated with dead men on the floor.

"Seriously, how did these guys got you, huh?" He led us towards the wooden door.

I remembered the liquid that was injected to me. "They.. have.. medicine."

"Medicine?" He reached out and open the door then helped me hop on the few stairs down to the ground.

It was night. The moon beamed down at us bright and shameless. Wind blew gently, whooshing on me, making me realize that I was already wearing a gray shirt which I didn't own.