Chapter Twenty Four : A Sovereign Craving

Being a human is pretty plain and simple. Most have the same destiny and goals in life, what differs are their process and amount of motivation to reach those. Of course there are hindrances and troubles that can be out of hand.

But that's what makes life exciting isn't it?

In order to reach the finish line, you have to live through the bullshits.

I reread the whole first stanza and chorus. The words I used for the lyrics were deep. I was aiming for whimsical and formal and I guessed I did justice to it.

This sounded fine to me, but I still wanted to ask for her opinion.

I looked up, only to find Aya already staring at me. Her face showed that she was fascinated on what she was seeing. She had that little smile on her lips.

It was Thursday night and we were in her room.

I was done with the tune of the song and now I was almost finished with the lyrics. Aogiri didn't complain about this anymore though. She even said she'll do her best to sing the song right which I was thankful for.

"It's bad to stare, Ms. Hamasaki." I put my pen down and locked both of my arms in front of my chest, with a plan of teasing her. She was lying on her stomach on her bed, while I was here on her couch. Distance, we needed that.

She blinked out of her stare, both of her brows stitched together. "Since when, Mr. Matsumoto?"

"Since the person you're staring at is me."

A smile wanted to break from my lips but I pursed them.

Aya puckered her lips adorably towards me.

"I don't care if it's bad. I want to stare at you."

What she said made me feel important. It was strange, having this kind of feeling. But I liked it.

I continued to tease.

"Then you'll have a punishment."

"A punishment?" Her eyes widened as she said the word. I answered a nod.

Her brows made that little v in between. "What's so bad about staring that I'll be punished?"

I didn't reply and thought of what my punishment for her would be.

"What's my punishment?" She asked again, curious this time.

I was still thinking when she sat up on her bed and looked me in the eyes.

"I'm not telling." I told her when I'd decided.

Aya kept on staring.

And I couldn't help but stare back letting my smirk to show on my lips.

"Stop staring, Aya."

Her eyes never blinked, she kept on staring at me and I found myself wishing that she wouldn't.

I like it that she was only looking at me - that her attention was solely towards me because mine was only hers too. There's nothing more I wanted to stare at but her beautiful face.

"3."

I said for a countdown. This was getting exciting.

Aya didn't back down though, her eyes still fixed at mine.

"2."

I had my punishment in my mind. I was ready.

Her eyes slightly squinted, but remained staring.