Chapter Sixteen and a Half : Twenty-Ninth of September (2)

My heart still won't stop beating fast.

Ruki arrived at exactly seven in the evening. He was wearing his casual clothes. I really like him wearing those.

Mom met him too. Even though I was too embarrassed that mom asked him a few unimportant details. He said he wants to take Law or Medicine, Is that true? I wasn't able to ask him earlier.

But I did ask the question that kept me agitated for a long time.

Ruki said he'll fight his beast.

He said he'll do it for me.

I don't know what it is that makes him crave for my blood so much.

I may seem selfish but, I'm happy when he said that he'll fight for me.

I want him to fight it so I can be with him.

We made the intro and first stanza of our song, Ruki agreed to be the lyricist. He's so good in playing the piano, I admire him so much.

Even though I want to prolong our time together, it was already night. And mom would be back anytime.

This night, he called me by my name.

It's so good to hear. He said my name with some emotion that made my heart skip a beat.

I don't care what Ruki is.

That isn't important at all, is it?

Because right now, this feeling inside me is too strong that it's willing to overlook anything superficial and dangerous about him.

For me, Ruki is just a guy.

A guy that I'm hopelessly falling in love with.