Chapter Eleven : An Antagonistic Desire

"Tego Mizushima, do you know him?"

That was the first thing I said when I barged in unwelcomed in my father's office. I ignored the situation that he was in a meeting with ten men in suits on a long wooden table. I fixed my stare at him.

After Tego said that he knew my father, I became nervous, unsettled. How could he know him? The man was obviously a human. I could smell his blood's scent mixing with the others. At lunch, I didn't think twice and gone to the tallest skyscraper in Tokyo which was Sphere Company's head quarter.

No human knew that we had a father. Every time, we'd say that we were abandoned brothers. We knew nothing about our parents and that info was open for the public to know.

He could be a threat, a hunter even.

The men in the room shift their gazes from mine and their boss. My father sighed in irritation but politely excused himself from the meeting. He walked towards me with a promise of hell in his eyes.

I'd give him his damn hell.

He turned the door's knob and opened the door. "Out, Ruki."

I walked with him following me out. The door closed with a click of the knob.

"Do you know him?"

He looked down at me and hissed. "Don't ever do that again! I was in a middle of a meeting!"

I raised a brow, not flinching. "Tego Mizushima."

My father leaned away from me and hid both of his hands in his pockets. "Who?"

"He knows you're my father."

His brows deepened as he looked at the dark red carpeted floor beneath our feet then his facial expression changed - he looked amused. "I see he's back."

"You know him?"

"He's a friend."

"He's human!" I said thru locked jaw.

He shrugged like it was not a big deal. It was a fucking big deal. "So as the ninety- seven percent of my employees here. So as your classmate and teachers."

I shook my head. "He knows more than he should."

"He can keep his mouth shut." My father told me then he smirked. "He should keep his mouth shut."

The main reason why I was surprised and peeved at the same time was because the man was human. We didn't associate ourselves with humans, not when our masks were thrown out away and our monsters were given freedom to play and feast. That's why I couldn't understand my father why he did this. This was dangerous for us. Couldn't he see a possible opening for an extreme damage here?

My father went back to his office after telling that I shouldn't worry about it and I should go back to class. Still, I couldn't bring myself to trust Tego Mizushima.

"Hey! Where'd you go?" Byo asked when I pulled the chair beside him at the school's canteen.

I sat down my seat and said very low. "Father has a human friend here."

Carmela took the chair across me and started taking a bite on a yellow stick.

"Ah... You've met Mr. Pretty Boy." My brother murmured before stuffing his mouth with a fish.

I scowled at him. Of course he knew about that man. "Why didn't you tell me about him earlier?!"

The bastard scowled back at me. "I didn't know that he's here! Well, Not after my e-con."