Furry Friend

Warnings: None

Word Count: 1513

Request: can you do one where one of them (cough, tyler) doesn't like animals but after spending more and more time with the pet they grow to love it? #justiceforgeorgie

Author's Note: I hope you enjoy this one! :)

*     *     *

"What is he doing?" Tyler asked.

You followed his gaze to where your cat was playing on the rug, tossing a toy around for himself. A smile graced your lips at the sight of it.

"He's playing, Ty."

"Is that what that is?"

You sighed. It was no secret that Tyler wasn't particularly fond of your newly adopted cat, despite the numerous times he had been over to your apartment since you had adopted him. Not even the fact that the cat was named after one of his songs - Nico - was enough to make him warm up even the tiniest bit. Tonight was the first night that Tyler was spending at your apartment since you had gotten him, and you were hoping that this might finally be the breakthrough that the two of them needed to bond.

"He's really sweet, you just need to warm up to him."

Tyler leaned back into the couch and crossed his arms, sticking out his bottom lip for added show. It was the adult equivalent of a toddler's temper tantrum.

"I don't have to warm up to anyone, even if that someone is a cat."

"Ty, he's going to be around for another thirteen years. If you don't like him, we may as well break up now," you said, making sure to add a joking tone to your voice.

"No, please," Tyler leaned towards you and rested his head on your upright knees. "I love you."

You leaned in to meet him, pressing a kiss to the top of his head. His hair tickled your nose. "You need to learn to love Nico too."

"But you deserve all of my love."

Tyler gently started to push your knees apart so he could move in and hover over you, wasting no time in planting his lips properly against yours. You smiled and grabbed onto him, pulling his body closer to yours. His lips tasted like chapstick.

His hand had just started to fiddle with the bottom of your shirt when he suddenly stopped and pulled away, muttering profanities. He whipped around to look at his feet, eyebrows furrowed. Confused, you leaned around him only to see Nico had gotten up on the couch and started playing with Tyler's foot, batting his paws against it and giving it tiny little bites.

"Nico," he whispered, gently wiggling his foot. "I'm in the middle of something."

"He's just trying to play with you!"

"He won't get off my foot!"

With a sigh, you slowly slid out from under Tyler - much to his dismay - and grabbed Nico, double checking that he didn't still have one claw sunk into Tyler's skin before you pulled him away. You wrapped him up in your arms like a baby and kissed his soft little forehead.

"I think he's jealous that I get all of your love and he doesn't get any," you cooed.

"It's hard to love him when he attacks my foot."

"That's part of owning a cat, Ty."

You let go of Nico and he hopped back down onto the couch. Tyler instinctively pulled his feet up under him, a place where the cat wouldn't be able to reach them.