I'll Always Have Your Back

Characters: sibling!Tyler Joseph, family friend!Josh Dun

Warnings: Blood, mentions of violence & bullying, description of injury (not very graphic), profanity, general angst

Word Count: 3213

Request: Can I get a Tyler sister fic where something happened (idk what) but josh( basically your other brother) saved you from it and you try to pretend it didn't happen then Tyler finds out and angst and sibling fluff at the end please -Anonymous

Author's Note: This is also a highschool!AU. I considered breaking this up into two parts, but didn't want to make you wait a week for part two, so instead you get a super long one shot this week! I hope you enjoy it :)

*     *     *

You winced as you brought a hand to your cheek, gently feeling around for the source of the pain. Your fingers eventually met raw skin, sending a new jolt of pain through your face. When you pulled your fingers back, there was blood smeared on your fingertips.

You bit back a sob as you pulled your knees to your chest, revealing a number of new sore spots. Echoes of the insults the girls had thrown at you rattled around your mind, sending a fresh wave of tears down your cheeks, making the scratches sting more. Your stuff was still scattered across the pavement, now mostly crumpled or ripped. At least the wind had died down from earlier in the day, you didn't have the energy to chase your homework around the field.

"Y/N! Y/N!"

Your head flicked up, looking for the source of the noise. Already, you were scrambling to a standing position and looking for somewhere to hide in case the girls had decided to come back for a second round. The scratches and bruises they had already given you were going to be hard enough to explain to your family as it was.

The figure rounded the corner before you had a chance to find a spot to hide. His mess of brown hair was a welcome sight and you nearly collapsed from relief. He came running towards you as soon as he spotted you standing in the middle of all your strewn papers.

"Y/N, there you are," he huffed, reaching forward to grab your arms. "I heard some girls talking about beating someone up and thought I caught the end of your name. Are you ok? Is that blood on your cheek?"

You nodded sheepishly, looking up at him so that he could see the scratches on your face. He was the only one you had told about the girls who had been tormenting you for the last few months, mostly because he was the only one you trusted enough to not escalate the problem.

"What happened?"

"I-It was those girls. I was walking home and I had headphones in so I didn't hear them coming a-and they cornered me and beat me up," you choked out between sobs. "I couldn't do anything, Josh. I was terrified so I just laid there and- I can't go to school tomorrow. Not after this."

"Hey, come here."

Josh pulled you into his chest. You wrapped your arms around his middle, allowing your body to relax completely for the first time all day. It was safe as long as he was around, Josh would be able to protect you.

"Do you need anything?" he asked.

"I just want to go home."

"I'll drive you."

Together, you and Josh gathered up all your school stuff and put it back into your backpack. Josh offered to carry it for you and used his free arm to wrap around your shoulders. You were glad he did it, though you would never say that out loud. It made you feel protected.