Sketches

Warnings: None

Word Count: 1491

Request: Hi Kae! Could you write sth where Tyler accidentally finds out that his s.o. can draw, but hardly ever does so cause of insecurities? Thanks 💛 -Anonymous

Author's Note: I haven't really written many fics set during the hiatus, so this was super fun to do! Hopefully all of you enjoy it as well :)

*     *     *

"Ok, what do you think of something like this?"

Tyler slid his laptop over so that it was now sitting in front of you. On the screen was a listing for a plain, brown jacket, complete with some large pockets and a nice zipper right down the center. You and Tyler had spent all morning looking through various clothing websites, seeking out inspiration and potential outfits for the next set of music videos. Since it was the first introduction the fans would get to the new era, as well as the end of the hiatus, Tyler was really putting the pressure on himself.

"Would you wear it just like that?" you asked.

"Well, no. It would probably have some yellow on it and we could dirty it up a bit to make it look worn," Tyler said, absentmindedly pointing at the jacket. "I don't think this is it."

He slowly closed the laptop and buried his face in his hands, letting out a long sigh as he did so. You reached over and lightly rubbed at his back, making sure to give a little extra attention to his shoulders. Between finishing up the album and preparing to end the hiatus in a few short months, Tyler had been extra stressed lately. You were doing your best to support him in any way that you could.

"It's like I have this whole vision in my head and then I can't pinpoint, what, a jacket? It's ridiculous," he continued.

"Sometimes having a vision can make it harder because you're looking for something that might not even exist."

"I know. It just feels like I haven't found anything that's even close to what I'm imagining."

"Ok, I think I have an idea," you said. "Just wait here for a second."

You left Tyler sitting at the dining table with a confused expression on his face as you ran off to the office. When you returned with a piece of paper and a pencil in hand, he had already gone back to scrolling through the endless pages of utility jackets that the website had to offer.

"What's this idea of yours?" he asked as you sat back down next to him.

"I want you to close your eyes."

"Eyes are closed," he nodded.

"Ok, now picture the outfit in your head. I want you to think of all the little details and everything."

Tyler thought for a moment. "Ok."

"Now describe it to me in as specifically as you can."

While Tyler described the outfit, you sketched it all onto the sheet of paper you had grabbed from the office. It had been awhile since the last time you did some sketching, a combination of never having the free time to do it and letting your insecurities get in the way when you did, but all of your old techniques came right back to you as soon as the pencil hit the paper. Keeping up with Tyler's descriptions was a breeze, and you even managed to sketch in his face just for fun.

"Then you add the yellow tape over the shoulders and I think that's it."

"Hold on just a second," you said, drawing out the end of the word as you quickly sketched in some tape. "Ok, do you want to take a look?"