Tea Party

Warnings: None

Word Count: 1430

"Alright, come on Y/S/N," you cooed, pulling your son out of his crib.

He gurgled as you cradled him in your arms. You could just make out the sound of Tyler talking with your daughter in the next room over, so you decided to investigate.

Tyler and your daughter were sitting on the floor in a circle with a variety of her stuffed toys. She was wearing one of her favorite princess dresses and had somehow convinced Tyler to wear a purple feather boa and plastic tiara. He had a small cup in his hands, which he took the occasional sip from.

"What's going on in here?" you asked, taking a couple steps into the room.

"A tea party!" she smiled happily as she poured a cup of "tea" for her stuffed elephant. "Would you like to join?"

"Of course. Can your brother join too?"

She looked at Y/S/N and narrowed her eyes, as if determining if he was worthy of attending her prestigious tea party. After a moment of contemplation, she nodded and grabbed a pillow for you to sit on.

"You're underdressed," Tyler smiled, setting his cup down for a moment.

"I see that," you laughed. "You know, I like this look. Maybe you and Josh should do boas onstage for the next tour."

Your daughter gasped upon seeing Tyler's tea cup sitting on the ground, "Did you run out of tea, Dad?"

"I did!"

She shook her head sadly, "I'll get you some once I get Mom and Y/S/N's outfits ready."

"Ok, sounds good."

Your daughter dug around in her dresser until she managed to find another boa, a party hat, and her mouse ears from Disneyland.

"I have outfits!" she smiled proudly, setting her finds down on the floor in front of you. "What would you like to wear, Mama?"

"What do you think will look best?" you asked.

She looked over her choices carefully before helping you put on the boa and mouse ears, which were a bit small for you. Once she was content with how you looked, you helped her to put the party hat on her younger brother.

"He looks so nice!" she jumped up and down happily. "Now to get everyone some tea."

Your son played happily with your boa while your daughter poured some "tea" for everyone. She had just sat down, ready to enjoy the party with everyone, when your son's attention became directed towards his hat. He pulled it off his head and dropped it onto the ground.

"Dad," your daughter whined. "Y/S/N took off his hat!"

"Well, he's a baby, sweetheart."

"But dad," she groaned. "It's ruining the party!"

"We can still have a nice party even if your brother isn't wearing his hat," you chimed in.

"No. He wears the hat or he leaves."

You and Tyler shared a look. There was no changing your daughter's mind on this and there definitely wasn't a way for you to get your son to wear his hat.

"Alright, I'll take your brother out of here," you said, removing your boa and mouse ears.

"No, Mama! You need to stay."

"And leave your brother on his own?"

"Yes!" she said, throwing her hands into the air with exasperation.