Tipsy

Warnings: Alcohol use, drunk shenanigans

Word Count: 1256

Request: This one is for @traumatizeddobrik & @Brendons_Man_Slut, who requested that I include tipsy Tyler into something. Here you go :)

Author's Note: Let me tell you, handwriting a fic and then having to type it out all over again is not a fun time. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this one shot! It's the last one you get during the week since, you know, PMW stars on Tuesday ;)

*     *     *

"I look dumb, Ty, this was a bad idea," you groaned upon catching a glimpse of yourself in the side view mirror. "Let's go home so I can get changed."

Tyler reached over and rested a hand on your knee, "Love, everyone is going to look like an idiot. We're all dressed like we're from the 80s."

"You don't think the eye makeup is too much?"

"I think it's just enough."

Tyler leaned over the console and pressed a gentle kiss to your cheek. You smiled and rested your hand on top of his, giving it a light squeeze.

"Thanks."

"Alright, now let's get in there and show these people how to party."

You took a deep breath before following Tyler out of the car and up the path to Josh's front door. The music inside was already audible, paired with the muffled voices of people screaming lyrics alongside it. Tyler reached over and laced his fingers with yours.

"Hey! If it isn't Joseph and Joseph!" Josh called as you walked into the living room. He was decked out in his own 80s outfit, but had opted for a crown as his headgear - a clear reminder of his birthday status. "Thanks for coming."

"Happy birthday, Josh!" you smiled, pulling him into a hug.

"Thirty years," he sighed. "You look amazing, by the way."

Tyler gave you a gentle nudge in the side, "Told you."

"Tyler! Man! Great to see you! Look at this outfit!"

Josh threw an arm around Tyler and pulled him into a hug. They embraced for a moment before Tyler pulled away. It seemed that Josh had already had his fair share of drinks, and the night was only beginning.

"Thanks, Josh," Tyler smiled, clapping a hand down on his shoulder.

"Drinks and food are in the kitchen, dancing is that way. Who am I kidding? You two know your way around," Josh smiled, waving a hand in your direction.

He quickly became distracted by more people walking through the front door. Tyler wrapped an arm around your waist and led you towards the kitchen. As Josh said, there was a variety of snacks and drinks set out for the taking. You looked through the cooler while Tyler piled up a plate with food.

"Do you want a drink, Ty?"

"Yeah, can you grab me a beer?"

You turned to look at him, "You're going to drink tonight?"

"Just a little, is that ok?"

"Yeah, of course. I just want to make sure one of us is ok to drive home."

Tyler walked over to you, now holding a plate of food in one hand. He rested a hand on your shoulder and squeezed lightly.

"How responsible," he smiled, kissing your cheek again.

"Well one of us has to be."

*     *     *

An hour and a half later, you were watching Tyler and Josh dance in the middle of a crowd of people. With a little encouragement from Josh, Tyler's one beer had turned into two, then three, then four. Now you were here, watching your tipsy husband and his best friend bust out their best dance moves in the middle of the living room.