Nightmare

Warnings: None

Word Count: 412

"Y/N," someone whispered.

You slowly woke up from the dream you had been having, but kept your eyes closed.

"What?" you grumbled.

"Babe, please wake up," you recognized Tyler's voice more clearly now, and by the sound of it something was going on.

"I'm up," you said, opening your eyes and turning to face him.

He was propped up on one elbow. Beads of sweat were pooled on his forehead, and his chest was rising and falling rapidly.

"Love, what's going on?" you asked, eyebrows furrowed.

"Nightmare," he stammered. "I'm scared of going back to bed."

"Come here." You held your arms out for him.

He wrapped his arms tightly around you and rested his head on your chest. You ran a hand through his hair, something you knew always helped to calm him down.

"It's ok, you're safe now. Nothing is going to hurt you, I won't let it. I'm safe. You're safe. There's no need to worry," you reassured him.

You leaned back against the headboard. Your eyelids were still heavy and it was hard to stay awake, but you knew you had to for Tyler.

"Y/N?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you still love me?"

"Of course I do, Ty. More than anything in the world."

"Ok."

He was quiet for a few minutes before speaking again.

"I had a dream that you were cheating on me. It felt so real, I could feel the pain in my chest and everything."

You stopped brushing through his hair for a moment, so in shock from what you were hearing.

"Ty, can you look at me?"

He adjusted so that he could look at you without craning his neck.

"I would never, ever cheat on you. I can't imagine ever hurting you like that, I love you so much. If I lost you, I would be devastated."

"Really?" he asked.

"Really. You mean more to me than anyone else."

A small half smile formed on his face.

"Ok, I'm sorry for waking you up."

"Don't apologize, I want to be here for you."

Tyler settled back down on his side of the bed. You started to get back into a comfortable sleeping position.

"Y/N?" Tyler asked, resting a hand on your arm.

"Yes, love?"

"Will you snuggle with me?"

"Of course."

You scooted over and made yourself comfortable on Tyler's chest. He wrapped his arms around you.

"Wake me up if you have any more nightmares, ok?"

"Ok."

"Goodnight, love."

"Goodnight."