Arrogant Authors

I know what you're thinking! "How can Ally make this? She's the most arrogant goddamn person on the planet." 

This rant isn't about feigned arrogance (which it is-- if you talk to me personally it's pretty easy to find out that I have some self-esteem issues) like mine. This is about authors on here who think they're hot shit and can say whatever the fuck they want. 

There's a lot of times on here when I see a popular author start a rant book, become a fucking asshole (insulting a religion, being racist, attacking a controversial topic with a useless argument), and then just yell "I HAVE 300,000 FANS SO YOU'RE WRONG SO NEUGH." No. That's not. No. How even. People on here really need to stop thinking fans on here means anything. I mean, it's cool, I was excited when I reached 3,000, but are you guys really going to start a pissing contest over who has more? You just seem desperate and like a total asshole.

It's not just with rants, though. It gets way worse when they can't take criticism. Look, I get that a lot of "critics" on here just tear every little bit of your story apart for no real reason other than to feel cool and get a mental hard-on, but that's why I don't ask for criticism through those channels. Ask people you trust and who will be honest, but not overbearing and just inflicting their own opinions on the story. But if someone just offers criticism on a story, like "I think this part is a little awkwardly worded, maybe you should change it to something more clear," don't be a fucking asshole. No one writes perfectly. Sometimes, yeah, your plot is kind of shitty. It makes it worse if you write something amazing and then write shit after it, and yeah, the change in response hurts, but you kind of need to know what you're doing wrong and what you're doing right.

But what's worse is the fans. God DAMN the insane fans that some of the authors on here have (me included-- I have an inbox full of sexual pick-up attempts). If you so much as criticize a small bit of a story, politely, they lose their shit. "YOU'RE NOT AS POPULAR AS THEM SO YOU'RE JUST MAD ALKSDJFALSDFJALSDFADFA." Just... Shh. Shhhhh.

Everyone just shh. Kay? Kay.