Tumblr Reporting News/Uninformed, Biased Teens Giving Us News

I fucking hate Tumblr.

My hatred really started with Ferguson. Look; I hate racism, and I hate what happened in Ferguson. I don't think anyone out there is like "Oh yeah I'm super hyped about Ferguson that shit was awesome." But I don't want to try and throw fuel into a fire that already got way too big. I understand that what happened was awful, and I get that the reaction was a buildup of many similar cases throughout the year  and recent past (think George Zimmerman). But there's a difference between spreading the message about something you know for a fact and understand and something you're biased over and angry about, and reporting it as news. 

Here's a news report that I made up for a fake thing very similar to this: "Local Teen Shot Over Stolen Bicycle; Reported Unarmed"

Here's a fake Tumblr response to that: "Black Teen Shot in Racist Case PETITION HERE."

Look. I get it. There have been a lot of cases like this and I DO NOT SUPPORT WHAT HAPPENED AT FERGUSON. THE MAN WHO COMMITED THAT CRIME DESERVES WHAT'S COMING TO HIM AND DESERVES TO GO TO JAIL. THERE WAS NO REASON FOR ANY SHOOTING AT ALL. But I am not going to perpetrate this case as some sort of tirade that white people have against black people (and no, saying "black people" isn't racist. Not everyone that is African is American, and I don't know everyone's birthplace). This is not a sign of "since I'm white I deserve to shoot every black person I see yee haw yay guns go Republicans." This is also not a sign of "HAHAHAHA I'M A COP FUCK YOU BOOM." These cases have been increasing, yes, but I feel like misinformed people are spreading this fear of police and... Well, just everyone being a racist.

For as many Ferguson cops and George Zimmermans there are, there are ten times that amount of honest, hardworking people who want to protect and help you. And no, despite what the internet and Tumblr want to tell you, since I'm white doesn't mean I want to shoot you over a bag of chips. And I know it's not just white people; everyone's been branded as a racist for doing anything. But recently I've noticed a growing Tumblr trend of hating white people for being racist BY BEING RACIST AND SAYING WE ARE ALL RACIST WHICH IS INHERENTLY RACIST. RACECEPTION.

In conclusion:

a) Know your shit before you petition/make a petition/make a fuss/open your mouth to a large group of people over a controversial issue

b) Understand that cops are awesome and make our lives way better. There are some shady ones but, like hookers, the good ones overshadow the bad ones tenfold

c) Being racist to fight racism is fucking dumb as hell and everyone needs to stop jumping on this bandwagon. How the fuck does that even make sense. How. What. How do you even. What.