Chapter 7: Reason

When Fabio woke up, he felt himself on a strange surface, the texture seemed to be that of a plant leaf. Standing up, it was a less one-mile-long hand made of the same material as a leaf.

A gigantic Lord monster, a huge tree and in the center of it, between the branches with curled vines, the main body of the monster. A humanoid form attached to the tree. Fabio was on its hand. The head made of hundreds of leaves, clearly forming a beard and the facial expressions of his face. His eyes like those of a wild animal.

- Fabio Anchieta ... Was it for you that Pet and Arachnid lost? This is pathetic.

- Who are you? - Fabio asked.

- I am Tree.

Fabio looked around. Just darkness, he looked down and couldn't identify what Tree's roots were fixed on.

- What place is this?

- Somewhere. - Tree replied bored. - I have more to do, instead of talking to you. He waved his hand.

Anchieta fell from a great height. On top of a branch, he saw a lot of blood and then in black and white. He heard his heart beating very slowly.

- Sir Anchieta! It has been a long time. - A monster asked him, the body of a scorpion, but the tail was shaped like a najah snake. Instead of claws and a spike, big hands. Black in color, his eyes tiny, similar in size to a human being and speaking in a strange accent, he realized it was a pretense.

- Who are you? – Fabio said with difficult while he was recovering on the ground.

- Thus you don't remember. My name is Scorpion. Yes... An appropriated name.

Fabio said nothing for a time and the monster said:

- I cannot abnegate I had a parcel of responsibility about what

is happening. Yet not directly.

- What's happening?

- This is a trivia question. You are not blind.

- Why this?

- This is not the question. The question is... Why not do this? There is not a single rule, law or forbiddance in order to preclude it. Before long why not do? But... Even such thing exists. It happened.

Fabio was to say something. But the monster spoke:

- These forbiddances only apply to you and all others living beings. You and I are not equals. I do not speak of physical aspects, but of what we are made. You survive from water, food. You need organs to be able to live. I and my resembling ones, the others monsters, are superior to you all.

- You are... - Fabio spited blood. – Crazy.

- You are this one. Your world is insane. I was enough only your arms being transformed for the chaos come. Any alteration disturbs a great social malaise, contrary forces are mobilized promoting extremism. It only takes a twist to the fragile structure of values is broken, and the reason and common sense to lose space to the madness.

While the monster was talking, Fabio got on his feet more

recovered from his damages.

- You want to fight. Thus you awake now.

- This's not a dream.

- It is one.

The kick of a Bigbrute woke him by force in Penha station that was in the surface.

Fabio rolled across the floor. He got up, surprised and as fast as he could. He was in a fighting position while a Scorpion, three Scrawnys, two Bigbrutes and some Spiders surrounded him in the middle of the night.