Chapter 6: Revealed

Fabio noticed the sound of helicopters and realized that he was surrounded by several television channels. They had come earlier for reports of shootings in a building in the area.

- Boss! We have images that must be transmitted to the whole world. - A radio reporter said. Fabio can see in the distance the flying saucer that had hijacked him before, it disappeared in the blink of an eye. He soon understood that he should do the same thing.

- Stay where you are! - A policeman shouted over a loudspeaker on the police helicopter.

He ran into the building he was in. A few minutes later, he went out the back doors. He tried to go unnoticed by the crowd or by a helicopter and then by police cars around the region. He had changed his clothes and put on a jacket, hid his left arm with the boomerang inside the jacket, pretending he didn't have an arm, and put on a glove on his right hand.

- Great! Let's get out of here now! - V said after having seen the fight through a window. He went down a ladder with his subordinates. He answered his cell phone. - Superiors?

A calm, masculine voice said:

- You didn't promise us that you would give it to us when you had it?

- Didn't I say he wouldn't trust us? - A voice spoke in the background on the cell phone, it was more agitated.

- Well I intended to do that...

- But he decided to torture himself even after we said he didn't remember anything. - Said another determined voice. V tried to defend himself:

- The files I got characterized him as a cruel, cold and greedy man. A real killing machine when you have a gun in your hand. And what he did here with my agents proves that.

- So you really tortured him. We don't work with people like you. - A female voice finished.

- And what do you intend to do... - The other side hung up. - Damn it! But we still have a card up our sleeve.

In Brasilia, Clarissa had turned on the television on the news, but she wasn't even paying much attention to him while she was in the kitchen, until she heard Fabio Anchieta.

- Fabio Anchieta ?! - She told herself and ran from the kitchen to the living room. The TV constantly replayed the fight between Fabio and the guard on the rooftop. - Fabio! What happened to you?

All the anger and resentment gave way to concernand contained despair. She quickly decided to pack up and take the first flightback to São Paulo.