Chapter 5: Like cat and mouse

Arachnid was a lord monster shaped like a tarantula spider, hairy and yellow, with the claws and tail of a red scorpion, it was as big as Pet. Its eight black eyes fixed on its prey struggling in the web. The monster was pulling her towards a wall in the open space of that station.

Anchieta cut the web with the blade and, after falling to the ground, he ran to dodge a jet of green poison coming from the Arachnid's mouth.

By a ladder, he reached the first floor, but the monster climbed the walls arriving earlier. Anchieta did a somersault, escaping another jet of poison. That acid liquefied the concrete. Fabio went to the other floor and ran around the hole, throwing the boomerang several times at the monster.

Arachnid leaped at its prey and attacked it with the spike of its tail. Fábio jumped onto a ladder before the spike reached him. He rolled down the steps.

Downstairs, the monster turned upside down and grabbed Fábio with one of its claws, brought him out and squeezed him. To save himself, Fábio tried to open the claw with both hands. It failed and Arachnid squeezed his body tighter. Fabio's vision had a great and quick sight with blood. He tried again, he was close to getting it, but he didn't made it and was squeezed again.

The sight of Fabio was bathed in blood, in desperation he tried again. His attacker thought he would continue in that game, only that Fabio changed his mind and threw the boomerang against the eyes of Arachnid, who stirred a little, but did not let go. Then he decided to drive the blade electrified by its rays.

He was released, climbed his claw and arm, reaching the monster's head, stuck the ray-coated blade in Arachnid's head, which removed it from above with his tail. He fell on the ground.

The monster caught him with a web and threw him up. He crashed into the ceiling and fell towards the Arachnid. He lifted his spike, shoving it in his belly of the Anchieta. The pain was automatic, like redness in the vision.

Arachnid played Fabio against the penultimate floor with violence. If he received another attack, Anchieta would be killed. Her heart was beating slowly and a lot of blood came out of her belly.

Arachnid reached the floor and pulled him with his net. Anchieta pressed his belly. He felt his serious injury heal as quickly as he could, but he was still slow.

The monster caught it with its right claw. Taking it to your mouth. When Fabio touched his lips, many rays. Fabio clutched his enemy's claw, giving many shocks and, desperately, hit the claw's pulse, between a shell and another of the exoskeleton, with the electrified blade.

Arachnid shook his claw, feeling the flesh under the exoskeleton hit by the blade. Due to the persistence of Fabio who continued to attack him over and over, he started using his spike to attack him.

Fabio swung to avoid the post. It stayed on the wound he made, and when the spike came, he released his right hand to stand beside the wound. The spike hit the wound increasing its size. Fabio accumulated many rays in the palm of his right hand and placed it on the wound, then released them creating a great explosion.

The claw thrown away with Fabio, stopped on the wall on the top floor of the open space of the Sé station. He got up slowly, his belly hurt too much. He continued to apply pressure.

Arachnid jumped up and held on to the ceiling, watched his loss. It hung by a thread of web coming from its abdomen, being suspended in the air. While Fábio took a shotgun and ammunition, they had a corpse that had its flesh melted by the monster's poison, leaving only its bones. When he put the ammunition in his pockets, he remembered that he still had the flare he took from the last human he spoke to.

The monster launched a web. A shot of the shotgun broke the web. Fábio fired a few more times and had to escape from a jet of poison. Running around his target, he fired several times and reloaded. Arachnid swung its tail in a circle to attack it, it ducked before the spike arrived.

Fabio went down a ladder, to the floor below. Arachnid made a puddle of poison at the bottom of the stairs. Anchieta jumped, but one of his feet touched the puddle. He lost the sole of that shoe. He ran towards the Arachnid on the same floor as him.

He did something that his enemy did not expect, he advanced. He launched the boomerang, cutting the wire that connected the monster to the ceiling. Before he could climb the wall. Fabio jumped from where he was and fell on top of him releasing many rays with all his energy. He lit the flare and placed it on the wound he had made earlier on the monster's head.

Arachnid shook himself and ran everywhere, knocking down a web wall, while the flames destroyed his motor and vital functions. Finally, he lay on his back, suffering convulsions while his legs, the remaining claw and his tail twitched in the air. Then he stopped breathing. The flare's flames went out.

Fabio went through the fallen web wall and managed to see Arachnid's last moments of life. He was relieved, but did not want to celebrate victory. He had killed one more of those things and was still trapped in that nightmare.

He saw the locomotive of a train in goodcondition, near a tunnel that rose upwards. Fabio got into the locomotive, andlit the panel with his sparks, also starting the locomotive separate from therest of his train. He pressed a button and went to the end of the tunnel.