C.30- Double Trouble

This chapter is dedicated to yenelis! :) thanks so much for the votes! 

Chapter 30- Double Trouble

The elevator made a ding sound, and a few moments later I was out of the elevator and walking out the door.

The windy afternoon breeze hit my face, I had never been to New York before and somehow this place just took me into a new world.

Alas the peacefulness left as soon as it came, and realization hit me like a brick, Reece was here. In New York, at the apartment where we were currently staying at, talking to the guy I came here with.

He was — is — Bryant's bloody cousin. He never even told before. Not like I bothered to ask about his family tree anyway. But still that would have been a fun activity. Family tree presentation for future purposes. 

I suddenly find myself back to Paris, where everything horrible had happened in my life. And I don't feel like I'm in a new world anymore, no matter what happens my past just keep running back to me. That no matter where I hide they will always always come back.

I find myself in Central Park.

This is such a wonderful place. The trees, the air, the people, the lights, the tall establishments, the hot— "Exwuse me," A little girl tugged at the fabric of my pants.

I smiled slightly and looked at her, "Yes?"

"I can't fwind my mommy. She twold me she'd come back after she buys me ice cweam." She said suddenly looking sad. My heart broke at the sight of her angelic face looking at me like that. "Can you help me fwind mommy?" She asked hopefully, looking up with her pleading brown eyes.

I guess its better to just keep my mind off of a few things right? Besides, can you really say no to a poor baby girl who can't find her mommy? Who looks like an angel?

No?

Yeah I don't think so.

"Yeah, of course." I smiled at her.

She suddenly smiled brighter, "You will?"

I nodded my head.

She held my hand and together we walked around the park, whilst she told me a few things about herself.

I now know that her name is Abrianna, her mum calls her Angel, she also told me that they moved from Paris a few days ago. 

And so we kept walking, and walking, and walking endlessly, trying to look for her mum. It was getting pretty dark out with still no sign of her mum.

"Abrianna! Sweetie! Where have you been?" Exclaimed a voice from behind us, we both turned around, and she let go of my hand to run back to her mum.

"Mommy! Where did you go?!" She cried.

"I was looking for you darling." answered her mother who clearly looked familiar.

But it is dark, and I'm not quite sure of what I am currently seeing at the moment.

The mother looked up from her daughter to look at me, but I was quickly greeted by a pair of shocked eyes looking straight at me.

And then my day just got better.

"V-Violet?" She asked walking slowly towards me, probably still shocked as to why she was seeing me here.

Just because you did something horrible to me, doesn't mean that the both of you could look at me like I'm a ghost of Christmas past or something. Sheesh, I ain't no ghost biatch.