C.39- Explanations

Chapter 39- Explanations

"Are you ready?" Bryant asked through the phone.

I took  deep breath, and sighed. "Yeah, I've always been nervous when it comes to Violet man."

He chuckled, "Man you're whipped."

"Screw being whipped. When you find yours you'll be whipped too."

"Once upon a time I was just like you man." He chuckled.

"I gotta go. See you when we get back."

"Bye."

I put my phone back to my pocket and headed to my car, I was going to meet Violet at her hotel.

All those months I've spent with her came flooding back. It made me realize how lost I was before I met her.

I made so many stupid things in my life that I could never ever change.

Especially Antonio.

That guy is seriously crazy. He was obsessed with Violet, he's a well known drug lord in the dark streets of Paris, I met him when he went here to look for Violet, after they broke up Violet met Reece.

All I know is that he was responsible for what Reece did to her, it was never about him and Agathe, the truth was that Antonio threatened Reece, he made him choose between breaking up with her or killing her.

Of course he chose the first one, he loves her, he never wanted to hurt her in the first place, he was only trying to protect her.

I'm sure you're all wondering why I know those things right?

Well, because I was Antonio's right hand man, I manage his business in America and he manages the one in Paris.

That was how I met Tom and how he came up with that bet. Because he hated Antonio, and being the playboy that I was I agreed.

But I never really thought I'd fall in love with her.

After she told me about Antonio, I decided to quit as his right hand man, I knew they dated but I never really thought about why they broke up in the first place, I simply assumed that it was something else.

That was also why I didn't talk to her for a few days after telling me her past and I telling her about mine, because I was trying to keep her safe, I lied about why I wasn't talking to her when she asked because I didn't want her to get caught up in my problems.

Of course Antonio was furious about me leaving, Violet and I weren't dating that time but I just really didn't want her to be scared of me. I didn't want her to know about me knowing Antonio, I didn't want to lose her.

Antonio soon found out about me and Violet knowing each other. And he felt betrayed that even though I wasn't with them anymore I should have just told him about it.

Why should I?

So he could abuse her all over again?

Fuck no.

I wouldn't want anyone touching Violet. Not when I can do something about it.

I stopped in front of Violet's room and took a deep breath before knocking.

She didn't answer.

I knocked again.

Still nothing.

"Violet? Babe? Are you there?" I asked through the closed door.

Silence.

Maybe she's in the shower or something.

I opened the door to her room good thing it wasn't locked.

"Vi? Where are you?"

I walked around.

Silence filling the whole room.

I gulped, "Love, I'm all for pranks and having a good time. But this is not funny, come on out kitten."

Silence.

I walked to the bathroom, there was a post it note taped to it.

Sorry to interrupt your little date with my girl.

Don't worry I don't need the money I just want my revenge.

Don't worry I shall take good care of my future wife.

Ciao,
Antonió

My blood ran cold. This is seriously not happening.

I read the note more than once just to make sure that it was real. How could this possibly happen?

How did he even know where we were? What we were doing?

I dialed Bryant's number and he picked up after three rings.

"What's up?"

"Call Aarone, Antonió took Violet."

"What?!"

"Do I have to repeat myself?! Go call Aarone and get the next flight here." I snapped.

"I'm on it." Bryant hang up without waiting for me to reply.

I sighed.

Why is this happening now?

I will find you Violet just hang on.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•