Prologue

Prologue

'If happy ever after did exist,

I would still be holding you like this

All those fairy tales are full of it.

One more stupid love song,

I'll be sick.

Now—'

I woke up from my alarm clock playing 'Payphone' by Maroon 5. Rubbing my eyes from the dreamless sleep I just had.

I glanced at my alarm clock to see that it was 7:00 A.M I still have about an hour left before going to school.

I got up and walked lazily to the comfort room.

I opened the shower and hopped in, I sighed in content, a warm shower; its what I need to start a Monday morning.

I used my strawberry scented shampoo to wash my hair. Washing my body with my vanilla-scented soap. I rinsed and hopped out of my shower. Wrapping my body with my pink fluffy towel.

I Hate Pink.

But every bloody time I ask mom to buy me a new towel, this is the color she'd be buying, just because I'm a girl doesn't mean my favorite color is PINK. My

I let my hair dry for a few minutes and went inside my walk in closet full of designer clothes, mostly from my mom's clothing line.

My mm is a famous fashion designer while my dad is one of the most well-known lawyers in the state. He's barely home. I only see my mom thrice every 2 weeks since she is very busy, but we bond whenever we can.

I sighed and picked out my white polo and blue and white plaid skirt. I put on my long black socks on and black shoes. Looked at the mirror and sighed, "This is as good as it's gonna get." I tell myself.

I glanced at my clock to see that it was almost 7:50 and school starts at 8 dang it. I'm gonna be late AGAIN. I groaned and quickly picked up my bag and headed to the garage.

Sometimes I just don't understand how I can be late when I wake up an hour early.

I hope this day would be better than most days, although I don't have enemies it's pretty tough at Lincoln Private. Especially the head mistress. She always expects me to be at my best. In arts, academics, sports. EVERYTHING.

I just wish it was like last year, my sophomore year and the years before that. I miss the times where my brothers were still walking the same hallways and corridors, I miss them so much. I wish college wasn't that far away from home.

I parked my car in my usual spot. Next to a new guy's parking space. I rolled my eyes.

I got out of my car and quickly heard some girls shamelessly flirting with— guess who?

Yup, that's right it's the new guy can you even believe it? A week after school and he's already got everyone wrapped around his finger, some people refer to him as the school's bad ass with his group of friends including my best friend —Since we were five— Ashton. I smiled at my best friend who was beside the new guy.

My best friend smiled back at me. While the devil beside him was smirking and looking at me, by the looks of it, it seems like he's checking me out. I looked back at him rolled my eyes and turned to walk to the main building.

ї♝ї