C.20- Life Would Suck Without You

Chapter 20- Life Would Suck Without You

/Violet's POV\

This day just keeps getting better and better. How I wish that's what I'm feeling right now. But fate has its chance of ruining my goddamn day.

Let me know how you would feel.

Shall we have a game?

Once upon a time, there was a girl named Purple (don't judge the name its all I've got! :P) anyway, as I was saying, *Ahem* she had everything. A great family. Awesome siblings. Supportive friends and an added bonus of the perfect bad boy boyfriend.

And then.. Everything changed when you found out Mr. Bad Boy made a bet about you almost a year ago with his 'friend'. Long story short you found out and now you broke up with him.

A week after your break-up you found out that your best friend since forever is in the hospital fighting for his life how would you feel?

If you ask me, I feel useless. I couldn't do anything to stop myself from falling for someone. I couldn't do anything about my best friend's condition. All in all I can't do sh*t about anything.

Now.

Back to the present.

I was here in the hospital.

Again.

I had to visit Ashton.

When I reached his room the door was open and someone was replacing the sheets of the bed.

"Miss where's the patient here?" I asked while holding on tight on the White Chocolate Toblerone Ashton's favorite chocolate of all time.

She stopped what she was doing. And looked at me straight in the eye. Then I knew that he was gone. My best friend is dead. She shook her head at me with a small smile and pointed to the morgue.

I just nodded with teary eyes and ran to the morgue, when I reached the morgue. I saw Patricia, Luigi, My brothers, Ashton's parents, Joana and Lucas. THey heard my footsteps as Ashton's mom looked at me with her red puffy eyes and hugged me.

"He has been waiting for you Vi, he had a letter written for you. We were with him until his last breath. He.. He.. was talking about how he was happy that he wouldn't s-suffer anymore—"  She sobbed.

I didn't know what to say. I sobbed and walked slowly and painfully toward Ahston's lifeless body. I can't believe he would leave me without even saying goodbye.

I kissed his cheek one last time and just stared at him. He promised he would be alive to see my kids grow old. He promised he would be with me when we graduate high school and college.

I can't imagine life without Ashton. I stared at his cold lifeless body one last time.

And left.

As soon as I got home I was filled with loneliness I never planned for things to be this way. I lost everyone and everything I ever loved in just one goddamn year. Plus I still had to celebrate my birthday on October 17 which is a week from now and I'll be turning 18.

~Flashback~

I was lying on my back facing the ceiling with Ashton laying beside me. This was a week before he died, exactly two weeks before my birthday and we were talking about what my party would be like he wanted it to be my best birthday he says, ' because I want to be the one who would see my baby girl celebrate her birthday before I leave.' he said in his sweet tone. 'You'll only be 18 once' he added in his joking tone.

I just laughed at him and sighed. He might have noticed me being silent since we found out the the medicine isn't working anymore and Ash could leave anytime. "What's wrong Vi?" He asked sitting up from the bed facing me.

"Nothing Ash, do you remember when we were kids? You would always do something crazy on my birthday parties, you were always the one who would make me smile and happy and feel confident about myself. You were always the person I could count on, and I just can't imagine my life without you." Tears are falling from my eyes now.

He held my hand and sighed deeply "Vi, I'll always be here with you no matter what happens I'll still be here even when I'm gone I'll haunt you forever." He joked trying to make me smile.

I sat up and hugged him tight "Promise me you won't leave without saying goodbye okay? I love you Ash you'll always be my number 1 no matter what." I smiled at him whole-heartedly.

"C'mon don't be such a drama queen Violet. Here I want you to have this." He handed me the necklace that he wore since I could remember he always wears it he said it was his most prized possession given to him by his great grandfather. It was a silver necklace the pendant is a sun with a beautiful moonstone in the middle. He clasped it around my neck and he kissed my cheek.

"But Ash I can't-"

"Shut up Vi just wear it okay? So you'll always have something to remember me by don't you ever lose that or I shall reign my fury! And consider this as my super early 18th birthday gift okay?" And then he laughed like a dude who just got out from prison. " Love you Vi." He added.

I nodded . "Love you. Let's go downstairs I'm hungry."

~End of Flashback~

I was crying for the most part of the day. I just didn't really know what to do. I lost my best friend and I don't have the guts to read his letter yet because I might have a breakdown. I locked my door and I'm pretty sure my friends, Lucas and my brothers are outside being worried as hell, because they're afraid I might kill myself. Pffft as if, yes I'am depressed but I'am not stupid.

"Violet? Sweetie come on out please just eat some dinner please?" Patricia pleaded talking from the other side of the door.

"Guys, I'm fine I just want to be alone kay? I'll eat when I want to." I answered trying so hard to make my voice sound strong and happy although it just doesn't work.

"Fine." They all said at the same time and then I heard their footsteps slowly fading and then all I heard was silence.

"Violet can we please talk?" Says the voice I've missed so much but decided that it was better to just ignore.

And then the door opened.

+++++++++++++++++++

CLIFFHANGER! Yeah! :)) Sorry guys :P love ya'll