Epilogue part 1 of 2

I was humming a song after my meeting in the company.

Ilang buwan na akong nagttrabaho sa 'textiles namin 'dito pero hanggang ngayon, hindi parin ako makapag adjust ng mabuti.

The three of us are now living here in pampanga.

I decided to give up my position as the president of our hotel so we could live where my wife wanted.

Galit na galit si Mama, she went into a long journey so she could secure my position but I gave it up without batting and eye.

I regret nothing though, It was a good decision and I will never hesitate on  doing that for a few more times.

Her happiness has always been my goal since time Immemorial.

Nothing in this world can change that, and it just got added because we have a daughter now, and another one is on the way.

My life is always tiring but ever since I had her back in my arms. All struggles seems to be bearable.

Umu-uwi akong laging may ngiti sa labi, tulad ngayon... Pag pasok ko sumalubong sa akin ang anak ko.

"Dada!" She cheered. A bright smile appeared on my lips.

My daughter is as beautiful as her mom. She got everything from her aside the eyes.

I liked Mnemo's gray eyes but it's not that bad to see my daughter inherit mine. Mabuti nga at may namana pa sa akin ang anak ko, not that I'm complaining that she looks exactly like her mother, I just thought that maybe years from now. Our house will probably get bombarded by suitors.

I shook my head with that thought.

I'm not yet ready for that kind of headache. Ngayon pa nga lang na may kalarong lalaki ang anak ko, na momroblema na ako.

What more with the upcoming years?

Mnemosyne told me I don't have to worry about Satan whom they calls 'Tantan'. Tanginang 'yan, pangalan palang alam ko nang 'dapat kong bantayan.

I started as Mnemosyne's playmate too! Fuck, yes. I'm scared with my own shadows. Mnemo probably doesn't remember it but Lord, I was her playmate before anything.

Nagmana pa naman sakanya ang anak namin, paano kung pati iyon mamana n'ya sa nanay n'ya?

This is giving me a problem.

"Where's Mommy?" I asked before scooping her up in my arms.

She 'shhed' me and my brows furrowed.

"What's wrong?"

"Dada, Mymy is sleeping." She said.

Is that why she's playing alone? Her toys and books are scattered all over the floor. Sasakit nanaman ang likod ni Manang, napa iling nalang ako.

I prefer her playing inside the house than outside.

Kapag nasa labas walang ibang ginagawa kundi maglaro sa lupa. She's either killing her mom's plant or she'll find frog from the man made lake and worse playing with that neighboring kid.

Suddenly. I remember an old memory of mine.
Just like her mother, they have weird interest with reptiles.

"She's sick Dada. Mymy always go to the bathroom and *gawk* *gawk* like that."

Umakto pang nagsusuka ang anak ko. I couldn't stop smiling while looking at her. I pinched her nose.

"Let's see her. She's probably hungry right now."