24

A few hours later, Stefan Salvatore went to Elijah, who was in the office going through some things. "Elijah, have a minute?" He looked up at Stefan and nodded towards a seat. Stefan walked over and sat down in the chair. Stefan cleared his throat, "I think we should go back to where Sage was living when you found her." Elijah looked at him abruptly. "Why is that?" Stefan returned the look and explained. "Because there is nothing for her here in Mystic Falls. I will come too and teach her about our family if she wants to know. I think we also need to find answers in why her parents were killed. Something isn't adding up." Stefan looked at Elijah again before continuing. Elijah was listening intensely. "We can find out what we need and stop whatever is apparently hunting Sage. We can start over as a family.
Elijah took a moment before responding. After what seemed like a long time, he nodded. "You may be right. Just note, that if we go back to Bronze, then Sage will be in danger. We can never lose sight of her." Stefan agreed, "Of course." Elijah spoke, "Then its settled, start packing what you need. I will make arrangements."

Sage was in the bedroom watching TV. There wasn't much to do when you don't leave the house. She was about to grab the remote when Elijah walked in. She could tell by the look of his face that he had something important to say. He walked over to her and took a seat next to her. He ran a hand through her hair and gave her a half smile. "What's going on?" Sage questioned him. "How would you feel about moving back to Bronze?" Her heart sank a little. Elijah must have noticed because he added, "We will be with you at all times. Stefan and I will not let anything happen to you. I don't know how long we will be there, but we need answers. I want to find out who is after your family for your safety and Stefan wants the same. He also wants to know more about his child and their children leading up to you." Sage took a deep breath, it was a hard choice. She didn't want to stop them but she doesn't want to go back to the place that all she has is bad memories. She looked at Elijah and nodded. "Okay, but not any longer than we have too. I just can't stand the thought of being there anymore." She leaned toward Elijah for comfort and he wraps his arms around her as she leaned into his chest. "I know love, believe me I know what it is like." Elijah whispered into her ear as he stroked her hair. Sage relaxed and they laid back onto the bed, Elijah still holding Sage. "You know, if you are vampires, then how old are you and Stefan?" He answered her. "Stefan is about 150 years old." Sage was shocked and amazed at the fact that he was born in the 1800s and was still around. "What about you?" Elijah hesitated before stating his age. "Mmmm... I would say about 1,000 years." Sage's eyes widened a little in surprise. "Wow..." She whispered. "I know, it's a long time. You see, my family and I are actually the original family, and all vampires were created from us. They call us the Originals." Sage was bewildered. She was laying next to one of the oldest vampires in the world. He never ceases to amaze her. She asked him to tell her more. "Well, you know vampires are real, so I am going to tell you that witches are real as well. My mother was one. She put the vampirism curse upon us as a form of protection for our family. You see, we lived in a village of werewolves and my youngest brother, Henrik, was killed by one. Mother made us this way so that the wolves couldn't kill us." Sage was listening to him, hanging on his every word. "You seem to be handling this quite well, love." Elijah told her. She sighed, "It is a little hard to believe, but from what I saw in the last couple of days, I'm willing to believe anything." Elijah looked at her. "That is enough of my life's story for now. He turned to face her. Let's go out to dinner. There is a local place that they call The Grill, Stefan can stay here and pack. He doesn't want anyone to know he is in town. It will just be us. Sage grew a little excited. She needed a little break from all this newfound information and to get out of the house for a bit. She grabbed some clothes and headed to the bathroom and Elijah went downstairs to tell Stefan the plan.

------------------------------------------------
It's been a while since the update, but I have more plans for this story. I'm excited. Thanks for reading. Please vote and comment. Tell me what you think! :) You guys are awesome!