Sixteen

Thanks for all the votes and comments!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Elijah's POV

    When I decided we were going to leave Bronze, I knew we couldn't go to New Orleans. Who know what will Klaus do. He is too unpredictable and I may be strong but Klaus is one of the few who is stronger than I am.
So my next thought was a place I didn't think I would return to anytime soon. Mystic Falls. I don't know how I am going to show Sage my world. I am afraid I may lose her if this goes badly. I do not have that much of a choice. She will notice when I don't age and she will notice the strange things that happen in this town. I called before we left to see if our home in Mystic Falls was taken care of. I am going to take Sage there and tell her that the house is in my family's name and that we could live there. The rest of the truth..... Well, I can try to slowly let her figure it all out. She is smart enough to question the town and figure out its mysteries.

    We arrive in Mystic Falls early afternoon. "What is this place?" Sage asked as I pulled into the driveway. I had forgotten how big it was. Klaus had picked it out, I should've known. "A place that was once home, my family had lived here before we went our separate ways." She looks at the nice house with admiration. "Welcome Home." I said airily, hoping to lighten the mood. I smiled and led her through the main door. "Its huge!" Sage says awed. I felt a little opulent and discontent at the same time. I liked the idea of having a nice large home and the feeling of power and sophistication. I also, knew it was unnecessary and too lavish as well. "Yes, my brother, Klaus owns this now, he is a little extravagant in his ways." I say lightly. She nodded understandingly. We walked up the long staircase and I showed her the master bedroom. If you would even call it   a bedroom. I set her luggage on the bed. I turned to go find another room for myself. Sage spoke up as I walked out the door. "Elijah?" I turned and looked at her questioningly. "You know..., if you want to...um, you could stay in here?" She had a hopeful look on her face. I didn't know what to say. Sage has just traveled halfway through the country with me. A man she barely knew and we technically only had one date. Which it ended up with her breaking down. Now she is in this extensive mansion all alone but myself. She is truly alone. Even, I had Klaus and Rebekah by my side. I dropped my luggage on the floor gently and nodded. "If you wish, love." She sighed in relief and half-smiled.

    I watched her unpack her thing and put them in a dresser. I sat down on the couch and lost myself in thought. I needed to take a look around town and see what has been happening. But, I didn't want Sage left unprotected. I didn't know if there were any wolves or other vampire in town besides the Salvatore's, the Forbes girl, Elena. How could I forget Elena. Last time I saw her, her humanity was turned off. That could be a problem if she was still here and the switch was off. I stood up and walked over to my suitcase, I didn't bring much. I know I have left clothing here when we left. I had brought only personal possessions, such as my journals. I pulled out a small box. Some of my mother's old jewelry were in it. I pulled out a specific one, a necklace with the essence of vervain infused in it by a powerful witch that my mother was friends with. It was the most powerful vervain necklace there was. The metal itself was made with the herb, even Original vampires can't compel someone wearing this. It would protect her mind.

     Sage just finished putting her things away. I walked over to her and smiled warmly at her. "I have something for you." Curiously, she looked at me, "What is it, Elijah?" I walked around her facing her back. "A gift, a necklace, it was a family heirloom my mother had. I want you to have it."
"Oh." She said softly and I put the necklace on her and pulled her hair back over it. She looked down and held it. "Elijah.... It is so beautiful! Are you sure you wa-..." I cut her off, "Yes, with no doubt, I turned her around and pulled her into into my arms. I never felt this before, I cared for her more than anyone else I have met in my thousand years. I did not want to lose her. Ever. "Promise me one thing though," I whisper into her ear, "never take this off." She nodded and wrapped her arms around me. We stood there for what felt like the longest time. She smiled, I could tell she was more relaxed than she has been since her house had burned. I silently smiled to myself, through all the stuff that has happened, I still made her happy. I realized that I was in love with Sage Salvatore and she was in love with me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like this chapter is too short. But, I am working on the story timeline and getting it figured out. Will Elijah tell Stefan? Will Sage uncover the truth? Please vote and comment!!