Eighteen

I took a step towards Damon. I didn't know how dangerous Silas was. I was tempted to run back to Sage and flee. Maybe coming back was a bad idea. Stefan wasn't even here. "I am not using anyone's look. This is me. Stefan is my shadow self." Silas says, and steps towards us, "My doppelgänger as you say." Damon frowns, "If I meet one more doppelgänger, I'm gonna have to actually learn to spell it!" Silas smirked. "If you want Stefan back, you are going to have to get me Katherine." Damon ponders it for a second, then pulls out his phone. "Jeremy where are you guys at now?" I heard Gilbert mutter the location. He also mentioned turning around. Knowing Katerina, that wasn't going to happen. Stefan was the one I wanted, so without saying anything, I ran out of the boarding house. Silas didn't even try to stop me.

When I got to the edge of town, I saw a wrecked car and Jeremy was on the ground, Katerina was not in sight. I went to the boy and knelt down and looked at him. He was still alive but barely, I bit into my wrist and fed him, and just seconds later he coughed and sputtered. He looked up to see his rescuer and his eyes widened. "Your an Original!" I breathed out, "Precisely." And helped him into a sitting position. "Now, where is Katherine?" He jolted, trying to get up as if he just remembered he was holding her hostage. "Easy there." I said as I effortlessly kept him down. I heard a whisper of wind and Damon showed up. "What happened?!" He shouted and rushed to Jeremy. "I'm supposed to be taking care of you!"

I stood up and focused on everything around me, search for a sign. I saw some blood on the other side of the road that had to be hers. The woods started there so I ran through the trees and saw footprints and signs of a human. I saw her not too far away and I ran up to her without effort and wrapped my arm around her shoulders from behind. She went stiff and tried to break loose. "Do not...move a muscle." She gasped from surprise. "Elijah?!, I missed you so much!" She acted slightly relieved. I pursed my lips in amusement. "Isn't this ironic?" I smirked. "Just 500 years ago you were fleeing from vampires as a human?" Katherine shook her head. "Do you think this is funny?! I am being hunted down by the oldest vampire and now you!" She scoffed. "Well, not anymore." I said sarcastically. "Please Elijah! Help me!" She begged.

I turned her around and looked at her, as a fragile human begging for her life. I leaned down near her neck, hearing her blood flowing through her veins and whispering into her ear softly, "You had your chance Katerina," I went on, "you could have left he cure alone to begin with, you could've left it alone, you were the one to feed Silas

and now he will feed on you." I leaned back and looked down at her. Her eyes pleading for mercy, I pressed my lips to her forehead and gave her a small kiss. "Consider that your farewell parting. Have fun on the otherside." "Noooo! You cannot do this to me Elijah! You love me!" I picked her up and started to carry her back. "Past tense Katerina." I muttered.

We reached Damon and I saw that Silas had shown up too. "So you are useful." Silas said lazily. "I was starting to think I had to get her myself." I didn't respond to the arrogant vampire. I dropped Katerina in front of him. She shook in fear. "Don't worry love, you might live." He craned her neck towards his mouth and drained her in less than a minute and dropped her onto the ground. I averted my eyes, knowing I helped with Katerina's fate. I was not sorry but I was not pleased either. Silas said that he was done with her and left abruptly. Damon looked and me and went to help Jeremy. He picked him up and left. Leaving Katerina in the street. I looked down the empty road. There was single street lamp lit and every else was dark. I looked down at the body of Katerina Petrova one more time and walked away.

I walked back to the Salvatore's house and collected my car. I drove home in silence thinking about what happened tonight. When I went to go inside, there was a note on the door. I grabbed it, hoping it wasn't from Sage, and read it. It had coordinates in it. It read: Stefan is in a safe in a quarry, drowning over and over. I read your mind. I know true love when I see it. Keep her safe. Silas.

I did a double take, how does Silas read minds?

He knows about Sage. I assume not hurting her was a way of showing trust. What is Silas planning do to with the cure he had taken tonight? So many questions. I went inside and took a hot shower before putting on some dark gray pajama pants. I walked over to the bed Sage was on and laid back onto the empty side. And fell into a deep sleep.

----------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading!! Please vote and comment!