Chapter 22

We arrived quietly in Mystic Falls to the Mikaelson Estate. We pulled into the long driveway coming to a slow stop. By then, Sage had fallen asleep and Elijah didn't want to wake her. He turned to face Stefan. "You are welcome to stay here tonight, we can talk about things in the morning." Stefan nodded. Elijah got out off the car swiftly and walked over to the passengers side and opened the door. He leaned down and scooped up Sage in his arms. Stefan got out as well and opened the front door to allow Elijah to walk through. While walking past Stefan, Elijah whispered, "Take any bedroom." And he walked up the stairs being careful not to wake his love. When they got to their room, he laid her down gently and took off her shoes. He took his jacket and shoes off and laid beside her and watched her for a few minutes before drifting off to sleep himself.

Stefan walked up the stairs. He was tired but thankful he wasn't drowning anymore. He found the bedroom closest to him. He walked in to see a queen sized bed and he laid down on it. He didn't bother taking his clothes off. He thought about all the things that happened before he left. Was Elena with Damon? How were his other friends? He thought about more things before he soon lost conscience.

The next morning he woke up to find himself on a bed with dirty clothes on. Then he remembered where he was. And what happened last night. He took a deep breath and got up to start the day. He walked down the long staircase to see Elijah Mikaelson cooking. It was strange seeing him do something normal. He walked in. "Breakfast, Mr. Salvatore? It's been awhile since you have had food of any kind. Lucky for you, I've got both. There is a few blood bags in the fridge. Keep them hidden, I don't want to upset Sage if she finds them." Stefan walked to the fridge and found the promised blood bags. He took one and sippped at it and then devoured it. He would have to get back on his animal diet soon, he couldn't keep drinking human blood. He disposed of the bag and sat down on a bar stool as Elijah gave him a plate of eggs. Stefan noticed he was dressed in clean clothes. "Do you happen to have any clothes my size?" Stefan asked. Elijah nods and tells him, "I do. They are upstairs in a bag in your bathroom." Stefan nods appreciative. "Now let's talk." Elijah says. "You can stay here as long as you wish. I don't know how you and your brother are doing since it seems he is with Elena." Stefan shakes his head, "I don't want to know anything about Damon and Elena." He says angry yet sad tone. Elijah nods. "Moving on to bigger news, there's something you need to know." Stefan looks at him. "Yeah, and what's that?" Elijah gives Stefan a serious look. " It appears Silas is back."

Stefan did a double take. Silas came back to Mystic Falls? But why? He was about to ask about Silas when Sage walked into the kitchen. Elijah gives Stefan a look and Stefan got the message. Elijah didn't want Sage to know anything.

She smiled at Elijah when he handed her a plate and walked to the breakfast bar where Stefan was. She looked as if she was debating if she should sit down next to him. Stefan looked at her and gave her a shy half smile showing her that he didn't mind. "Don't worry, I won't bite." She stiffened for a second. "Too soon?" Stefan said sheepishly. Elijah shook his head as Sage sat down. "How are you this morning, love?" Elijah said sweetly. Sage relaxed. "How did you sleep? Elijah asked Stefan. "Pretty good considering I didn't drown every five seconds." Stefan said amused, knowing the small talk was just for show. "How can you drown over and over?" Sage asked shyly. "Well, when you can't breathe you pass out due to no oxygen going to your brain. You die a while after, but as a vampire we just pass out and wake up again. Due to being locked in a safe it was torture to drown like that. I must have died a thousand times over." Sage nodded slowly getting used to the reality that vampires were real. She was starting to get comfortable around Stefan but there was still a long ways to go. She finished her breakfast in silence and Elijah took her plate after. She went upstairs to take a shower leaving Elijah and Stefan to talk.

----------------------------------------------

Hope u enjoyed the chapter. From here on out, there will be a very different storyline compared to the actual TVD.