23

Thanks for reading my story! I know it takes me forever to update. I just wanted to say that this isn't going to exactly follow the vampire diaries timeline. I hope you guys enjoy it.
------------------------------------------------

    Stefan and Elijah waited until Sage was out of hearing range. "So what are we going to do about Silas?" Stefan asked Elijah. Elijah looked at Stefan. "We wait, we will find out his endgame." Elijah picked up the dishes and started to put them in the sink. "What do we do until then? I don't want anything to do with Damon or Elena." Elijah nodded, "Then, you can get to know Sage." Stefan thought about her, "Okay, what can you tell me about her?" Elijah took a seat in front of Stefan. "Well, first off, Sage is an amazing person and she has been through many things. Her parents were murdered, by vampires." Stefan gave him a look of disbelief. "Where did you say you found her?" He asked curiously. "A small town called Bronze. At some point over history, your family left Mystic Falls. I'm not sure why, but I am guessing they were being hunted." Stefan ran his hand through his hair. "By what, Elijah?" He sighed. "I was wondering the same thing. But whatever it is, it's still out there.

    So we need to protect Sage." Stefan nodded, "Of course, she is my family. But I have to ask, Elijah, what is she to you? Why are you helping her too?" Elijah looked at Stefan in the eye. "Because Stefan, I am in love with her." Stefan looks back at him and nods slowly. "Okay then, an Original in love with my who knows how great grand-daughter, who also needs protection from some unknown enemy. How did I miss so much from being in that safe?" Elijah puts his hand on Stefan's shoulder, "I know it is a lot to process, but you need to hold it together for Sage. Imagine how vulnerable she feels right now." Stefan stands up. "We are going to find our enemy and rid them once and for all. I used to think Damon was my only family and now that he has betrayed me, all I have is Sage. I will protect her at all cost." Elijah nods, "Good to hear. This is our new family. Always and Forever." Stefan nodded agreeably. They then left the room to carry on for the day.

    Sage decided to look around the Mikaelson Estate, it was such a beautiful place. She just loved it. She couldn't believe Elijah owned it. She wish she could stay forever. It was the first time she felt like she was at home since Bronze. She found herself walking into a library, she felt awed by all the books she saw, they were older books, not very many from this century. Who were the Mikaelsons? She have never heard of them or how they could be rich. Not that she cared. She only cared about Elijah, and her newly revealed only relative, Stefan.    She hoped they could all be a family someday. But she would need to learn more about Stefan. What did he do all of these years? Had he even went back once to see Grace? Did he know any of her ancestors? So many questions running through her mind.

    She turned around to leave the room and then she jumped when she saw Stefan leaning on the doorway watching her. When he realized he had frightened her he apologized. "Oh, sorry! I was just seeing what you were doing. It's just so strange having a relative that came from me, if you know what I mean. I just wished I could've known my child and their children and now it's just you." Stefan blabbed on. Sage nodded, she understood what he meant. He came in and sat down on one of the leather couches. She sat down as well. Stefan smiled at her shyly, "So what was your life like before you met Elijah?" She started to tell him about her grandfather and how close she was to him and she talked about her parents before they were killed. Stefan politely nodded and listened to her.

    It felt nice that someone else cared about her. When she was finished she asked Stefan about his life and he talked about when he was human and he talked about his brother, Damon, when he talked about him, she sensed a sadness about it. What happened to him? She didn't ask in case it was too soon to ask since she didn't know him well. She smiled when he talked about the good times they had and it made her wish she had a sibling. He stopped talking around the time his brother went to join the army. He looked at me and spoke, "The rest will be for another day." She was glad they had a chance to connect. Stefan left the room and Sage decided to stay and read a book.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Hope you like it! Please comment and tell me what you think!