Chapter Seven- Meeting again

I do not own any of the Vampire Diaries characters! I hope you like, vote, and comment! It will mean a lot!

Sage's POV

It was the next day; I had to go grocery shopping. Not a fun task. I just put some bread in the cart and started to push the cart. I was looking at my grocery list and wasn't watching were I was going. Crash! I had accidently ran into someone's cart! I look up quick to apologize, and then I froze. It was Elijah, he looked annoyed at first, and then he saw me and smiled. "Hello, we meet again." I blushed; this was not how I expected to see him again! Elijah moved his cart so I could get out of the way. I pushed the cart out of the way of other people, and gave Elijah a small smile. "Hi, um sorry about that." I said apologetically and embarrassed. "No worries," He replied, "How are you? It has been what? 18 hours since I last saw you?" he gave me another gorgeous smile. My heart fluttered at that handsome face. I tried calming myself down, why was I acting like this? "Yeah, I guess so." I said. He nodded, then he looked at me curiously, "I was wondering if you would like to meet again, somewhere else, maybe over dinner?" he said, "since we were interrupted last night."

Thoughts raced over my mind, a date with Elijah. If it even was a date, I never really went on a date with anyone. Much less, an older man, I was only twenty-one, Elijah looked like he was 32 to me. "That would be great." I agreed. "Really?" Elijah said happily, "Great! Can I give you my cell number and I will call you?" I nodded and we exchanged numbers. I grew excited as I typed his number into my cell phone. I had his number now, a way to contact him... "So.. What were you thinking of for dinner?" I said, thinking he would pick a restraunt. "Well, I happen to be a great cook, I will come up with something delicious." He smiled and gave me a wink. I laughed, he was so charming, and I can feel myself falling for this man, whom I didn't even know his last name. I sighed. "What's wrong?" Elijah said curiously. "Oh, I was just thinking, I am going to dinner with you and I don't even know your last name." I explained, hoping he would tell me. "I see," Elijah said, "my last name is Mikaelson. It is a very old family name. As is yours I presume?" I smiled, "Yes, I believe it has been in the family since the 1800's, maybe even earlier."

A thought came into my head. "Can you make Italian? It is my favorite!" I wanted to change the subject, so I could leave and get ready. Elijah chuckled, "I sure can!" I looked at my cell to check the time. I had a few hours. "Well, I gotta get this shopping done and so do you. See you tonight?" I asked sweetly. Elijah smiles and says, "You bet."

Elijah's POV

"You bet." I smiled at Sage as she walked away to finish shopping. Now, I do have a reason to buy food. At least, she saved me the trouble of figuring out what to make. I decide to make chicken parmesan. She will love it. I have had plenty of time to learn how to cook. I grinned, looking forward to this night. As I collected ingredients, I thought about how she said her family name, Salvatore, came from the 1800's. Wasn't that around the time Stefan and Damon Salvatore were turned? It was too much, to be a coincidence, although she is in Missouri, not Mystic Falls. But she had generations of family to move. I vowed to myself, I would find out if there was a relation. If there was, I am not sure I want to bring Sage to the super natural world. I want her to enjoy human life. I know I will have to think about it, I am sure she wouldn't want to be 40 if I changed her. I appear to be in my twenties, she will want the same. I shake my head at myself. What am I doing!? I am getting way ahead of myself here. We barely know each other. Also, not counting her attack, on which I still haven't found the imbecile who tried to hurt my Sage. I did it again! Now, I am calling her mine. Slow down. I scolded myself. I took a deep breath.

I checked out and purchased my food. I also, bought some red wine, I hope she likes it.

I go home and start to prepare my meal. It was relaxing to cook as the aromas filled my home. I made a salad to go with the chicken. I grabbed the square white plates from the cabinet and the wooden salad bowl. I also, found two wine glasses that I didn't know I had. I set those aside and filled two glasses of water to start with. I have twenty more minutes until her expected arrival. I changed into another suit, a coal black suit with a white shirt and a black tie. I styled my hair and freshened up. I put on some classic piano music on. Then, I hear a knock at the door.

Thanks! Vote! Comment!