32

Elijah POV
———————————————————————————
After Stefan left to fix and retrieve the I saw this as an opportunity to see how Sage was doing. I walked over to the couch where she was sitting staring at the blank tv lost in thought. "Sage..." I whispered, as a took a seat next to her. She sighed and leaned into me and I wrapped my arms around her. "What's going to happen to me?" She asked. I kissed the top of her head. "Nothing love." I said softly into her ear.

"We are going to find out what is going on. Eliminate the threat and after that we can go wherever you want." Sage looked at me, "Really?..Anywhere?" I nodded, "Of course, Stefan can come. I'm sure there's so much you two want to talk about."

"Sage, there's something I need to tell you." She sat up straight and looked at me concerned. "There is no easy way to say this but, there's a chance you are a werewolf." Her eyes widened, "What!? How is that possible? I'm nothing like those terrible men from before. I'm not a werewolf. There's just no way!" I looked at her with a worried face. "Love, not all werewolves are bad. Like not all vampires are bad. We just make mistakes. Severe mistakes at time at that." I took her hands in mine. "And if you are one, you won't transform until you've triggered the curse anyway." She looked confused, "What do you mean by trigger?"

I hesitated to open my mouth before saying, "Sage, you see to become a full wolf you have to trigger the curse and there's only one way to do that." I paused and looked at her. "You have to kill someone." She looked at me in shock. "So...those men...killed before?" I nodded. "And if I ever did then I'd be a werewolf?" I nodded once more, "If you are one." 

Sage looked at me in disbelief. "I know it seems like a lot to handle but I will be here every step of the way, I promise." I assured her. Sage nodded, "I know you will." She smiled. Her smile left as soon as it came. "But how are we going to find who's after me? Is it a werewolf or what?" I shook my head. "I don't know love."

   She looked at me. "I'm scared, Elijah." She whispered. My heart sank, she looked so vulnerable.
"Come here." I said softly as I wrapped my arms around her. She leaned into me and I rest my chin on top of her head. We stayed like this for a while as we talked some more. Sage seemed to be feeling a bit better and then Stefan came through the door. "We really need to put the house in Sage's name." He suggested. He was right. Any vampire could come in and cause trouble. I made a mental note to do that tomorrow.

   Stefan sat down on the other side of the couch. "How's my grandkid doing?" Sage laughed, "Don't say it like that. It makes it sound like I'm a child." Stefan and Elijah chuckled. "Well you are compared to me being 150 years old!" Stefan noted. Sage shook her head. "Whatever." She smiled. "So what now?"

   Stefan stretched his arms. "Well, it's getting dark now. And there is not much to do in this town. So I think I'm going to hunt on some wildlife. I'm still starving from being locked in that quarry." He stood up. I looked up at him, "Alright, I'll be here to protect Sage then we can switch. I should feed too."
Stefan nodded, "See you later." And he left so fast Sage looked at me in disbelief. I smiled, "That is something you will have to get used to. We have certain abilities as vampires." Sage looked interested. "What abilities?"