20

The next morning, I woke up and Elijah wasn't in our bed. He was probably already awake. I decided to take a long hot shower before getting dressed. After, I went to get dressed in jeans and a T-shirt. When I walked back into the room, Elijah was walking through the other door. He was already dressed. "Ready to go?" He asked casually. I had forgot about the mystery road trip we were supposed to go on. "Sure." I said lightly.

We went to the car, and left. Elijah drove for a couple of hours before we went through a small town. "Almost here." He said. "And where might that be?" I asked casually. He looked at me and back at the road. "You will see." That just made me more curious about our destination. A few minutes later, we pulled to the side of the road. "What's going on?" Elijah looked at me. "Do you trust me?" I nodded my head. Why was he always asking me that. He smiled. "Good. Let's go." He said. "Go where?" I asked him, confused. He started to walk into the woods, not even answering me. I followed him. Not sure what he was doing.

After stomping through tree branches and tall grass, we stopped. There was a big quarry, filled with water. It looked like a lake and a beautiful one at that. Elijah turned towards me and smiled. "Be back in a moment." And he jumped into the quarry! "Elijah!!" I screamed. "Elijah!" I ran to the edge of the quarry and looked down but he was no where to be seen. I started to panic. What was going on?! Is Elijah ok? I turned around and walked away from the edge. When I walked far enough I turned back around and there he was. Sitting on a black metal safe that wasn't there before. Besides the fact that he was soaking wet, he seemed as if he was there the whole time. "What was that!?" I shouted at him. It was weird because it was the first time I was angry at Elijah. "What? How?!" I said. "Trust me." Elijah replied calmly. This is what he wanted me to trust him on? Him falling off a cliff and coming back up with a huge safe?!

He stood up and told me to stay back. "Why?" I was starting to feel afraid and I didn't like it. Elijah gripped the handle of the safe and yanked on it. The door flung open. I crept over to him trying to get a peek. "I have a secret." Elijah whispered. I am not who you think I am. Not quite." I gulped. It felt like the Elijah I knew had slipped away. I was almost afraid. Elijah stood up and walked over to me. He was close to me and I started to shake a little. "I'm sorry." He whispered. "Don't be afraid. I still have the same feelings for you." He said, stroking his hand against my cheek. "Okay." I whisper barely audible. He showed a small smile and walked over to the chest. I heard a loud gasp of someone trying to breathe and I rush over to the safe. "It's fine." Elijah assured me. He held out his hand and a man took his hand and climbed out if the safe. His skin seemed to be pale and his eyes were dark. He seemed to just realize I was there and started to move towards me with unbelievable speed. I gasped. Before he could get anywhere near me, Elijah put his arm around his neck. "Control yourself, Mr. Salvatore." Salvatore? As in my last name? Elijah reached into his pocket and grabbed a bag of some dark liquid. I saw the Salvatore man's eyes flare up and they had veins all around them. What was going on? He grabbed the bag from Elijah and bit into it. It was then I realized it was blood.

My jaw dropped in shock. I covered my mouth and started walking backwards. Elijah came to my side and wraps his arms around me. "It's ok. He's not going to hurt you. I never have." He looked at me before talking again. "We are vampires, Sage. But we learn to control our thirst. But when we have been denied of it for so long, it takes it's toll." And I looked at the man. He was finished and his skin color looked more natural now. "Sage, this is your great great great grandfather, Stefan Salvatore." Elijah announced. The Stefan Salvatore? The one who left his son? Thomas? But how? I gaped at him. Stefan looked up. He was very confused. "Wait?" He spoke, his voice hoarse. "What do you mean?!" Elijah stepped towards him. "It means, you had a son. Thomas Salvatore. You never knew about him because Katherine had you compelled and then turned. Then you left." Stefan looked so awestruck. "But who...?" Elijah spoke again. "A Grace Fell was the mother. Do you remember her?" Stefan dropped to his knees. "Of course, I never went back to see what happened to her. I thought she had married and started a life if her own." He looked up at me. I felt uneasy, even if he was really related to me, he shouldn't be alive. "I'm Stefan and you are?" "Sage Salvatore." He nodded giving me a shy smile. I returned it. "Wow." He said, "I would have never seen this coming. Do I have any other relations?" I shook my head. This was all just to much. "Sorry. I just can't." And I ran back into the woods to find the car.

----------------------------------------------Took me a while but this chapter is done! Thank you for your patience! Please vote and comment!