A Guy Named Griffen

The rustling of leaves makes my eyes snap open. It's light outside, early morning. I slept through the night. I'm surprise I didn't wake up once.

I get up quickly and immediately feel pain in my abdomen. I groan and fall back on the tree.  

"Ow." 

I suddenly feel like someone is watching me. I can't explain it. It feels....invading. I slowly get up and walk in a new direction. I got to get a move on if I have any chance of finding help. I can tell I'm weaker than I was yesterday. I don't have the energy to move as quickly as I did before. Also, all I want to do at the moment is fall asleep. 

I'm physically and mentally drained. I need food, rest, help, anything to make me feel better. I need to stop complaining so much. I have to focus on the positive things. It's quite beautiful outside. The trees around me give me a sense of security from the outside world. But above all the positive things happening to me is a long list of negative occurrences that fill my mind with every step.

I stumble forward in an effort to continue on. I really don't want to die. I want it to go back to the way it was no matter how hard I made it out to be. Compared to right now, I would do anything to feel some sort of happiness or peace. 

As I think of these things I still can't shake the feeling of being watched. Maybe it's the hunger that's gotten to me. I've been deprived so long I can't focus no longer. I stop and lean on a tree, somebody is here I know it. 

I close my eyes and suddenly feel like sleeping. I'm giving up already. I can barely walk in a straight line much less find civilization. I don't have the strength to live anymore. I guess this is my destiny, to die. 

I slowly fall on the ground with my eyes still closed. 

It must have been no more than 2 minutes before I feel something touch my shoulder gently. Holy crap! Is that a bird? 

I open my eyes and surprisingly see a man standing over me, kneeling. His green eyes captivate mine. My heart quickens thinking he's a fire bender. 

I gasp obnoxiously loud and back further away. 

"Shh... It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you." His voice, so gentle but calm. I don't believe him. Normal people don't walk in the woods. He also doesn't seem surprise that I'm here which scares me. He doesn't look like a fire bender but again, what do I know about fire bender's' fashion?

He has a light brown leather jacket/ shirt thing going on here. He looks like he stepped out of a medieval movie, or even better a renaissance festival. This man looks like some crazy hunter with his black leather boots, shoulder length dirty blond hair, side bag strapped across his chest, and even a faint beard. I've never seen such bizarre luck in my life.  Who am I to judge anyways? I probably look like some crazy girl who just escaped from an asylum. 

Above all though, he is extraordinarily hot. I mean, I would be surprised if he didn't have a girlfriend at the moment. 

"Who are you?" I cautiously say.

He smiles, "I'll tell you after you eat something." He seems friendly,...too friendly. For all I know, he will put something in the food and drug me so he can take me to the Firelord. 

He pulls out some bread out of his satchel. Bread? That's all you have? Psh... if your going to feed someone give them some pizza or a hamburger for that matter. Not probably stale bread. My stomach growls in a need for this perfectly baked bread. 

He gently grabs my hand and set the large piece of bread in my head. Hunger overwhelms me and I almost can't think of anything else. As I am about to stuff my face, I stop. He's trying to trick me. What an asshole!