A New Future

Steady arms catch me as I squeeze my eyes shut. 

I look up and see Drew with a worried expression. I think my heart just skipped a beat. I hate myself for even thinking that. I shouldn't be bringing back old feelings for him. 

"This meeting is done." Drew strictly states. He holds me close to his chest as I lay a little limp. I suddenly feel a little bit nauseous. I'm not going to throw up, but it's as if I've been in a car too long reading a book.

I think Drew has lead me out of the room because of  the change of temperature. Once hot and stuffy, now cool.  I take a big breath and feel my body relax. 

I sneak a peak at the wide hallway we're in and see more cement and white brick walls. It's plain and nothing really stands out more than a couple doors that line it. 

Drew takes a couple steps with me clutching his chest and let's me leans on the cool wall. 

"I'm sorry." I say looking up at him. I put my hands on the wall to make sure I won't fall again. My stomach aches a little in pain, but I ignore it.

"You don't have to be sorry." He says looking at me with longing eyes. Those eyes...I hate those eyes. 

The door from the room I was in previous bursts open. I turn my neck and come faced with an angry Perry. I hope he's not mad at me. I bet they're all mad at me, and I don't blame them. I left some major vital information from them and they are pissed.

I have a very good reason not to tell them everything, Griffen. About the Avatar thing, that's just me being arrogant.

"Sky." Perry says breathlessly. He quickly rushes over to me assessing me, "Are you okay?" Oh Perry.

The door opens again and Hannah comes out...not long after Principle Akin and Nico barge out. I bet the principle is going to expel me and I am going to be forced back home with my poor excuse of an uncle. The fire nation or Victor would quickly  find me and it would eventually lead to my death.

All eyes on her, the principle storms over to me not refraining from glaring at me or stomping her loud high heels on the floor. 

A little bubble of fear starts in me. Oh no.

I almost think she's going to slap me when she gets to reaching distance but instead she opens her big trap, "The council will be hearing about this and they won't be kind. I liked you Sky. You had so much potential at this school, but now you've made me very angry. I brought you to this school and I can easily get you out." She storms off with Nico behind her. Not before leaving, Nico glances at me with an emotionless face. 

I then decide to answer Perry, "I'm fine." 

"We're not going to let you leave Sky." Hannah says.

"I don't plan on it." I say looking at everyone. "Where's Liz?"

"She had to return back to the infirmary." Hannah answers. 

Perry asks taking a step closer to me, "Are you sure you're okay?" Perry is obviously still worried. I find it nice of him to care about me so much. He's really a good friend. 

"I'm fine really. I just-never mind." 

"What?" Drew asks making his way even closer to me. What's with everyone coming so close to me?

"It's just, I'm really trying to do the right thing here." Oops, maybe I shouldn't have added on.

"Why didn't you tell us the whole story?" Hannah asks. 

I pause for a brief second before ignoring her question, "I think we should all go." I say looking down. 

I hope she doesn't take it the wrong way or anything.