Away Again

I tread on with the lingering thoughts of Mr. West. I sure do miss him I think sadly to myself. 

We've been walking for about one hour now and I'm cold, hungry, and tired. The worst combinations. 

Victor has been trailing behind me as his warriors circle around me. The warriors in the front light the way for the rest of us. I feel their eyes on me probably wondering how possibly I could be the Avatar. Meanwhile, I question how these people got to become so evil. Did the Firelord brainwash them? Did he give them a false sense of righteousness? I could not believe all these people would voluntarily go out of their way to create havoc on innocent people.

All I know is that the Firelord has almost the entire fire bending nation under his belt, including the major fire bending cities. I've heard of so many big bending cities, and I haven't been to one. All I know about the cities is that they are far, far away from human civilization. I mean once were done with the academy I guess that's where most Elementals spend the rest of their lives is in their nation's cities, except the fire benders of course. They probably have a limited choice because Yomato has taken over almost all their cities. They most likely enlist themselves in the army or take refuge in other nation's cities. 

All firebenders aren't evil I know that for sure. I want to know why so many fire benders follow Firelord Yomato and Kiyoto? Am I missing some great war here? I don't remember reading about it... Someone doesn't just become that powerful overnight. I should ask, but I know it's useless since I won't be around much longer. 

As my head swims in confusion, I realize that we have stopped, and I look around in relief. Finally! My heart sinks when I recollect that Victor is meeting Luke here. I hear a loud commotion up front, but I can't see well past the warriors still circled around me. 

I hear so many voices, almost like a crowd. Victor rushes past me pushing through the warriors angrily. Before getting too far away, he roughly fastens his hands on my left wrist dragging me with him. I roll my eyes not surprised. 

I hear him snap, "Step aside! Where's Luke?" He's gotten what he wanted. He should be anything but sour right now. 

I notice a lot more warriors then before, and I come into realization that we have found Luke's group. The warriors move to the side making a huge circle leaving Victor and I in open space. The warriors also firebend allowing light to filter in to our circle. I try not to look at any of them in the eyes to avoid confrontation even though their prodding eyes make it attempting. 

I see a man with tattoos, a nose piercing, and a body that pretty much screams "I'm a badass" walking over to us. He has pale features and short black hair. He also has a mature, narrow jaw with stubble, wide nose, and from I can tell blue eyes. Usually, I don't focus on people's appearances, but this guy, I am assuming Luke, just pulls your gaze on him. For some reason, I am interested to hear what this guy is like. Is he an average asshole firebender with a temper or something else?

He keeps his gaze on Victor not once moving them onto me. I gawk at him in shock. Who knew an evil fire bender could be so gorgeous? I smile and cringe on the inside because I thought he was even the slightest attractive. What is wrong with me? He's evil! I mentally scold myself and focus on the conversation in front of me. 

"We have the preparations set. The camp is set up already. We'll stay here till dawn then we will leave." Luke states firmly turning around to ignore us both. Victor tightens his grip on my arm, and I wince silently in pain. I can tell Victor really hates Luke, but does he need to take his anger on my now throbbing arm?

Victor lets go of my arm still seething in anger. Luke takes two steps before turning around abruptly, "Oh, and the girl comes with me."

I feel the anger rolling off of Victor at being bossed around and secret happiness erupts within me at his misery because he is getting what he deserves.