A Party I'll Never Forget

Brushing foundation on my face I check myself out. My eyeliner was done to perfection. It made my violet eyes pop out even more than they already are. I had black smokey eyeshadow style on. I put clear gloss, concealer and anything else that I found in Hannah's makeup bag.

"Ready to go?" I asked Hannah. She smiled and nodded her head. "What kind of party is this anyway?"

Hannah smiled with a mischievous smirk, "One of the many biggest parties this year. It's off school. Almost everyone from school is going to be there, well the popular people. We have to sneak out, if we get caught we're in deep trouble. But that won't happen because I'm awesome!" Hannah said as she edged near the window.

"What are we doing near the window?" I asked. 

Hannah rolled her eyes, "You know nothing of sneaking out do you? We're climbing out." Hannah said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. This girl is crazy, completely insane. I'm not a person of heights, or snakes for the matter. Hannah lift the window up with effort. She put one of her high heels outside the window and the other firmly planted on the ground.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I don't want to die over some stupid party.

"Shut up and come on." Hannah said putting her whole body put the window and balancing on a ledge.  I saw her carefully and slowly bring herself down. Coming closer to the window I stuck my head out, wind rushed around me making my once beautiful hair into a mess. 

My heart pounded heavily and I felt my hands cramp up. Once Hannah was on the third ledge (or window) I put my first heel out. My whole body shook with fear. I grabbed on the edges of the window with a death grip, and I leaned out. I brought my other foot on the ledge and lifted my whole body out the window. Don't look down, Don't look down Sky. I moved my left death grip to the top of the window. I pushed my shaky hands so the window closed all the way.

"Hurry up!" I heard Hannah say in the distance. I put my right foot down carefully as possible on the second ledge, then I put my left down while keeping a firm grip on anything that I could find. It was a far stretch but somehow I made it. With more confidence I wasn't going to just drop I moved a little quicker. I stopped on the second ledge and regretfully looked down. There were like 8 more windows left! Hannah was just 2 windows away from the ground. For me, it was an extremely long way down. Counting down to 8 I moved on to the 7th window, 7... I didn't dare look down for the next two windows. 6...7...I moved slowly all the way down to the second one. 5...4....3...2. Uh, I hate Hannah. I hate her I repeated in my head. I put my next foot down on the next ledge. Hannah was far from already down. She moved swiftly and easily as if she has done it before.

"I'm almost down!" I whispered for the 5th time to Hannah. She complained, and complained, and complained. 

I put my foot down and expected to put my foot on a ledge but it wasn't there. I flung my foot around searching for it.

"You have to jump! Now hurry!" Hannah whispered-yelled.

I looked down and felt my eyes bulged out of my head. It was at least a 5 feet drop. I was suppose to jump that in high heels!

I needed to get to that party. I closed my eyes and jumped, not even counting to three.

I landed on concrete and fell weirdly. Pain shot through my ankle as I fell down on the pavement. Hannah grabbed my arms from my leg and examined it.

"You okay? You'll be fine. You just twisted your ankle." Hannah said confidently. I knew something like this would happen! I'm so stupid! I'm such a klutz. Hannah put her arms under my arms and pulled me up. OW!!

"Stop!" I whispered.

"Don't lean on it." Hannah said as she continued to move on. I lifted my ankle and limped pathetically forward as Hannah helped me out.