No Going Back

"You compete too." I say aloud. 

He pulls completely away from me. 

"No, I can't Sky. I've already set this whole thing up, I'll be your mentor. They allow that." He seems so confident in everything. Am I the only one here who thinks this is a bad idea?

"Perry I can't do this!" I stress to him.

Perry grabs my shoulders bringing me close to him, "Sky, trust me. You'll do great. You'll show the whole council how powerful and amazing you are. I'll never get to the final battle and I'd somehow in the end need to hurt you. It's going to be you Sky, and you only. I'll be there every step of the way guiding and supporting you. Trust me." He grabs my cheek staring intently at me. 

I trust him and if Perry says I can surmount this fear inside me I guess I can. On the bright side, I'd also get some good practicing done.

"I trust you Perry and I understand why you can't enter. This is my chance, I see now, my chance to show everyone who the real Sky is."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Oh gosh, I can't believe this is happening!

I take a deep breath as Perry attempts to calm me, "Just go in there and ask for a registration form. I'll be right here."

I turn around to look at Perry with doubt shining in my face. I close my eyes, take a deep breath, and open the office door. 

I see a plump lady with short brown hair, and kind looking brown eyes. She looks up from her messy desk and awaits my question.

"Hi, um, can I get a registration form for the uh...Elemental Games?" I shift the weight on my feet nervously. 

As she continues to look at me strangely she pulls out a white packet and a pen and stuffs it on a clipboard.

"You can sit right there and fill it out." She points to a blue chair across from her desk. 

"Thank you." I turn around and plop myself down. Well, that was weird. 

Here we go, first question. Name: Sky Winters. That was easy. 

I write in my date of birth, height, weight, and stop next to a question. Parent(s) name and number. 

I fill in my adopted parent's names just to put something down. I try not to feel upset and move on.

At the end of the packet there's a long paragraph.

I read it slowly. 

By entering the Elemental Games I am fully aware of the risks and danger...We are not at fault...Blah Blah Blah. I skip past it not wanting to read the rest. There's a line for my signature and this is when I stop. Am I signing my own death? 

I hover my blue pen over the line as I rethink my decision. Once I sign, my decision is official. There's no going back. Am I ready to hurt people and risk my life? 

I think back to Principle Akin. No, I can't let her expel me. I can't stay here waiting for something to change or happen. I have to do this.

Before I can feel one ounce of regret I sign the line quickly. 

I take a deep breath and rest my head on the wall behind the chair. I did it! I'm in the Elemental Games. 

I get up and hand it to the lady. She checks it over and sets it down on her desk. She opens a filing cabinet and pulls out a green paper and hands it to me. 

Before she can tell me anything I bolt out of the room not sure what to think. 

I see Perry leaned against the wall and I smile.