Connections With The Spirit World

I have two days until I am sent to the Elemental Games. Two days! I'm excited for people to know not just me being the Avatar but knowing me as a person.

It has been a week since I told Mr. West that I'm the Avatar. Since that time, it has been nonstop training. I still have classes but after class I go straight to the Rendezvous and train with Mr. West. He's been so supportive and encouraging.

Perry is a whole other story. He's been ignoring me, refusing to even look at me. I don't get why he is getting so angry with me for allowing Mr. West to train me. I said we could still hang out and train together but he just shrugged it off and walked away from me.

I know I should go talk to him, but I've been too preoccupied with training and learning about my Avatar ancestors. I feel guilty but at the same time I don’t feel like I did anything wrong. If anything, he should be apologize for acting childish. If he has a problem then he should come talk to me about it instead of ignoring me.

I can barely recognize the girl from a week ago. Before, I was weak and frail. I was the person who would fall down easily. Now, I am capable of almost anything I set my mind to. I am tenacious physically and mentally.

Drew has been a bit annoying lately. He always wants to talk with me, always wants to "protect" me. It's extremely annoying. He's tried to kiss me a couple of times, but I keep making some excuse. It's not that I don't want to kiss him because trust me I do, but it just feels a little persistent. Drew is constantly to coming up to me. I can't even remember what the old Drew was like. I wish he would back off and give me some space.

I haven’t told him that I entered the games and I know he is going to find out soon, but lately I don’t care enough to tell him. I’m just going to let him find out when we are stuck on a bus together heading to the arena. It will work out. I know it will.

It’s 3 o'clock and I'm heading to the Rendezvous to meet up with Mr. West. I look up basking in the warm weather. Somehow, I feel like this warm weather is a good omen.

I jog past the river and through the woods and arrive there in less than 10 minutes. After I pass the brush, I see Mr. West standing, waiting for me.

He has on a black button up, long-sleeved shirt and dark blue jeans. It's his causal training attire. For me, I sport on yoga pants and a pink tank top. I've had to borrow from Hannah until I can go shopping for some more training gear.

"What are we working on today?" I start my stretching on the stone surface. I lift my thin arms up and lean them to the right feeling the tension on my side.

"Today we will be fighting." He speaks calmly.

I stop stretching shocked, "Against whom?" He hasn't let me actual fight one on one yet. Usually it's working on a specific element or just working on fighting techniques...not the real stuff.

He smiles, "Me."

Unable to control myself, I start laughing, "Okay..." This is going to be so much fun. I'm going to beat his ass. This reminds me of the time Mr. West asked me to punch him. This time, I'm going to win.

I wanted to say, 'Hello I'm the Avatar!’ you can't beat me, but I didn't want to act like a brat.

I start lighting up the torches feeling every bone in my body jumping in excitement. I start going over some fighting tactics reminiscing in past training activities.

Mr. West lights up a ring of fire in the center of the place. I step inside the fire ring feeling the heat attack my skin. Although I am nervous, I feel stronger and knowledgeable.

I squint my eyes trying to predict what his first move is. Maybe he'll go easy on me but knowing Mr. West I’ll have third degree burns somewhere on my body.