Learning From Your Mistakes

This is what I've been dreading the whole morning. I've been dreading my Fire Bending Training class with Mr. West. He's going to be so mad! My heart quickens in pain.

I walk in the class to see a few people all huddled around the whiteboard. They disperse and head out of the classroom leaving a message on the board.

Dear kids,

Meet at the training center. 

- Mr. West

It said with light green board ink. I leave the room not thinking much. 

I follow the path through the woods, ending up at my destination. Looking at the building, anxiety overwhelms me. What's he going to do? 

Getting tired of standing outside, I burst through the door. Looking around, I see pretty much my whole class standing near the mats, all huddles around Mr. West. Nobody notices me walk in, which I'm grateful for.

Once I step close enough to the huddled group, I hear Mr. West talking. "Get into groups of two. I don't want people getting caught on fire so spread out throughout the building."

A group of students loudly barge in the door making sure to make a loud of noise. It was Drew, with 3 girls, and 2 guys walking. I noticed the blond haired girl from the party. She was snuggled up to Drew as they walked, making sure everyone knew she was his. It hurt, but I ignored it.

"Welcome! Glad you could join us! We are going to work on passing with fire." Mr. West said looking at the 5 people group. 

After he said that people broke apart getting in groups of two. I saw Perry look at me sadly before picking some other girl. I didn't mean to hurt him. I don't think he meant to hurt me.

Mr. West notices me standing still, "Sky, come in my office." He said serious. Everyone around me noticed it, too. I could almost hear the judgment in people's head. 

I can't handle this! I felt like screaming at the top of my lungs and then facing my problems.

I followed behind Mr. West as he lead me far away from where we once stood. Before walking in a black painted door, I saw a big window that overlooked the big room. Oh,is that how he caught me? Maybe?

"Come in." He said opening the door. Here we go. 

Stepping in the door I noticed a lot of things. The first, he had a big wooden desk, full of papers, books, pencils, etc. On the left, there is a wooden glass case. On the shelves, they're trophies. Not one single spot wasn't filled with metals or trophies on the 3 shelves. I noticed there weren't any electronics. It must be in his other desk. Maybe he didn't own any electronics? 

All around the yellow walls were fire bending posters. I want one... That would be so cool hanging up in my room. Hannah would probably get mad seeing as she was a water bender.

Also, there is a black door behind his desk. I bet anything that goes back outside. Or it could be a bathroom. Who knows? It could either be an escape route or a trap. 

Looking at two chairs in front of the desk, I sat  in the left one, seeing it was farther from his desk. It didn't really make a difference, it was just a quick decision.

As he comes around his desk to sit in his chair, I wonder what he will say? He's going to be so mad. I can imagine it now, him screaming at my face for my lack of responsibility. 

He sits in his desk staring at me. He should just tell me what he needs to tell me and get on with it. I don't feel like being victimized by his intense stare all day.