Training

After Hannah and I left the lunchroom, we went to our room to get our workout outfits. I had black yoga pants and a red tank top. They gave me practically every type of clothing. The only bad thing was that it was all red and black. Maybe I could steal some from Hannah. 

Once we entered the workout room I couldn't help but open my mouth in amazement at all the high-tech gym equipment. They had treadmills, weights, practically everything!

"Ready to get started? Let's stretch." Hannah said already stretching her calves. I started by touching my toes. 

Once we finished our stretching Hannah and I walked towards the deserted treadmills.

"Okay, 2 miles to get started." Hannah said with no emotion at all. She was damn serious.

"Okay..." I said getting on the treadmill. Hannah was probably going to be the death of me. In the end though, this hardwork is going to benefit me. Well, I hope so. 

I started off slow and then Hannah pushed me to full sprints. I pant erratically feeling my legs giving up on me. My whole body was screaming at me to stop and rest.

"Go! Go! Go!" Hannah yelled pushing the living daylights out of me. Feeling the need to impress her I pushed my body to its full extent. I sprinted for 5 more minutes and the treadmill gradually started to slow down.

"Good now go get some water and we'll work on fighting techniques." I nod my head and stumble off the equipment panting like a madwoman. 

I would have screamed in victory if I could get enough oxygen into my lungs to actually say something.

Sweat drips off of me. I should have worn deodorant I think breathlessly. I'm so glad Hannah and I are the only ones here.

I drag my feet towards the fountain, still breathing hard.

I take a big gulp of water and walk slowly towards Hannah on the mats. Hannah is leaning on one of the punching bags looking at me.

"Come on Sky. Let's see you punch." Hannah says smirking. Great another workout. 

I walk cautiously towards the black punching bag. Hannah holds the other side waiting patiently for me to begin.

Remembering what Drew said, I keep my thumb out of my fist. I hate when that boy is right. 

I draw my hand effortlessly back and punch the bag with all the force I can come up with hearing a smack at my seemingly soft hands hitting the rock hard bad. 

 My fist throbs from the sudden force, "OW! What the-! Can't I wear gloves or something?" I yell. Okay maybe I was being a little dramatic, but I don't want to bruise or break my hands. 

Hannah laughs, "No. If you get attacked will your attacker wait for you to put on gloves? Come on you baby keep punching!"

I roll my eyes but continue to take a step forward and punch two times using less force then my previous punch. I continue going until Hannah cues me to stop.

"Curve your fist in more and it might help for you to get more angry. Anger can be a bad thing in battle. It can side track you and make you unwise, but it can also help you. Take this anger and focus it into your punches." Hannah says wisely. 

With this new knowledge I thought what made me angry. Coming to this school made me angry but not enough. Drew makes me really, really angry. Knowing Drew might actually help me in this situation.

Thinking of Drew I focus on my anger. I know this is silly, but I try to imagine Drew is the punching bag. I remember how he attacked me and how he degraded me.