Revelations

When I went to the cafeteria, I found no energy drinks. All they had was water and vitamin water, huge disappointment. I still got a water bottle though.

I'm walking to the Fire Bending Training Center now. I wonder what Mr. West will have in store for me? 

I walk peacefully there thinking of different scenarios Mr. West would make me do. Once I get there, I walk inside immediately. 

I look around the big area and don't see anyone anywhere. He's not here. He must have forgotten. Huh. Who would've thought of that happening? 

I then remember something. He has an office, dammit! I walk up to his office and try to see through the window. He must have a curtain or something. I knock on the door hoping he won't be inside. My mother always made me knock on her door before barging in. It was one of her many pet-peeve's, people storming in her room without a heads up. 

When I don't hear anything I knock again. I hear nothing but silence. 

"Mr. West?" I say hesitantly. I go to open the door but it's ripped from my reach. I jump a little in shock to see Mr. West in front of me, standing out the door. 

"Didn't you hear me knock?" So annoying. I'm tempted to roll my eyes but refrain from doing so.

"Of course I did." He smiles. "Now come with me." He holds the door open for me letting me in his office. He walks around his desk and opens the door at the back of the room. He holds the door wide open so I can see what's inside. It was a path that led out into the woods. So it wasn't a bathroom, a trap. 

I follow him outside excited. What does this path lead to? He continues down the small gravel path with me towed behind me. 

After walking for 5 minutes enjoying the scenery I speak up, "Where are you taking me?"

"You'll see." He says quickening his pace. If I thought outside the training center was beautiful, I was mistaken. Green surrounded me. They're so many different types of plants and flowers I keep passing by. You would think bugs would be attacking me right now but no. They mind their own business. I laugh at that. I look around basking in the sunlight all over again. I don't understand. Why don't more people come out here?

As we kept walking in silence, I noticed it getting steeper and steeper. Instead of enjoying the sun, now I was cursing it. It was hot outside. Even through the trees, the sunlight burned me. 

"Are we almost there?" I whine. 

"Yes." I can hear him laughing in front of me, and I glare. What kind of teacher is he? A bad one. 

The path keeps getting steeper, and I get more tired. Mr. West doesn't even seem out of breath. The gravel ends at a river. The river was small and seemed to start and end from nowhere.

He turns right and starts walking up river. I sigh, I thought he said we were almost there. The river continues to get steeper and I start seeing more and more big rocks. The trees push us out near the water, and I have to be careful not to slip in. 

6 minutes later we reach a waterfall. I hope we're going the right way. At the top of the waterfall there's a huge rock the overlooks the river. In front of us ,on the right, there's a small cliff. On top of the cliff, was that big rock.

"Is this it?" 

"Yes. We have to get to the top, on that rock." So we have to climb the cliff to reach a big flat rock. What the hell will we do up there? Jump off and start swimming? Hey, that actually sounds fun except the fact it's shallow water. 

Skeptical I say, "So we are going to climb up that cliff?" I look at him like he's crazy. He is crazy. 

"Yeah, you can go first so if you fall I can catch you."