Moments With Perry

Perry carried me to the school before dropping me. I handed back the shirt and put my own on. I said goodbye and started walking to my dorm.

When I got to my room, I put on a black off the shoulder top and some jeans. I threw my hair in a bun and headed for dinner.

When I went to sit at our table, I noticed no one was sitting there. The table is empty. I look around to see Hannah and her friends sitting at a table across the room. 

She is cold. I guess I deserve it. If only she knew. 

I sigh and set my food on the empty table and eat in silence. I look around and see Drew sitting with the 'it" crowd. Of course he would be sitting over there. He notices me looking and glances at me. He then looks away quickly and starts talking to his 'buddies'. That jerk! We kissed and he's ignoring me.

I suddenly feel hurt and alone. I look down at my plate in shame. I hear a slam of a plate next to me and a brush of my shoulder.

I turn my head to see Perry setting his tray down.

I smile, "Hey."

He smiles back, "Hey. Why are you all by yourself?" That's a good question.

"Hannah refuses to have to do anything with me and Drew is being an asshole." At the mention of Drew he stiffens. He must not like him.

"Well, I'm here for you." He says before taking a bite in his turkey sandwich. 

"Thanks." I smile and continue to eat. Getting tired of the silence between us, I ask a random question, "What's your favorite color?" 

He looks at me questioningly before replying, "Red, no surprise there. Yours?"

"Purple."

We continue to play 20 questions until all our food is gone. His favorite food is mash potatoes and he has a little sister named Mara. We were laughing the whole time. Perry is so easy to be around!

When we got up to leave, he stops me and whispers something in my ear, "Remember, meet me at the river. Change first." 

I look at his eyes before nodding slowly. I break away from him to dispose of my food.

Before leaving, I saw Drew glaring at me. I brush it off and leave without answering his glare. I'm mad at him. I'm sick of him treating me like trash.

I walk to my dorm silently. When I walk in, I find Hannah lying on her bed doing her homework. She looks up for a second before going back to her work. 

I roll my eyes and walk towards my dresser. I pull out black, capris yoga pants. I put on a black tank top and my black sweatshirt. Yes, I’m wearing a lot of black. I put on my white sneakers and am about to head out until Hannah speaks to me.

"Going out?" She says looking at me skeptical. 

"Yeah."

She rolls her eyes and scowls. 

I sigh and walk out of the room. Hannah is going to have to eventually forgive me. 

I run throughout the hallways and stairs until I am outside. It's windy outside and a little chilly. The sun is halfway there to night. The sky is different arrays of oranges, yellows, and purples. I want to take a picture of it. 

I start jogging to the training center and out to the river. 

I get there in 10 minutes and immediately see Perry. He's wearing a black V-neck shirt and blue jeans. He looks good. 

"Hey." I say breathing heavy. "Are we training here?"

"No, I found a place in the woods that would be perfect for you. It's closed off by trees and away from the school."