The Party

The kids had fun on the vacation. They got to go hiking on a volcano, almost got eaten by a monster while they got lost during a hike. But now, they sat back in the classroom. They all huddled around Bose's desk. They were invited to one of Bose's friends party. Harper had a big smile on her face.
"So are you guys going?!"
She said excitedly. Ray saw Harper jumping up and down and walked over to see what they were all talking about.
"I don't know. There's not going to be any adults. My parents probably won't let us go."
Mika said.
"I don't care. I'm going to that party. And you are too."
Harper looked to Chapa.
"You going Chapa?"
Chapa nodded as she looked at the invite.
"Well your not going Harper."
Harper laughed as she nudged Ray.
"Okay sure."
Ray laughed.
"No. I mean it. You are not going to that party."
Harper looked over and moaned.
"But Dad! What's the worst that can happen?"
Everyone shared the same look.
"Okay. I take that back. A lot can happen.  But it's just for an hour!"
Ray rolled his eyes.
"I don't care. Your not going."
Harper laughed as he turned around.
"He can't make me. I'll just sneak out."
Ray turned around and looked at Harper.
"Step one toe out of this building and your grounded for a month. No phone, no crime fighting, no school. And last but not least. No Chapa."
Harper mimicked Ray as he went up to the Mans Nest. Harper knew how to sneak out. She use to do it all the time in Dystopia.
"Teleportation."
She said as they all laughed.
"One step Harper! One tiny step."
Harper was so angry she walked back to her desk and slammed her stuff down.
——————————————
Harper had a black leather jacket on, with blue jeans. She walked out into the Mans Nest and saw Ray.
"Hey Harp. What's up?"
Harper looked over to Ray with a pout.
"I'm sorry for how I was acting in class today."
Ray gave her a hug.
"It's okay sweetie."
Harper looked up to Ray.
"Hey Dad? Mika and Chapa couldn't go to the party, so they asked if I wanted to go to this cool new escape room. It's villain free by the way."
Ray gave it some thought.
"Okay. But be home by 10."
Harper smiled as she gripped her phone.
"Thanks Dad. Love you."
Harper teleported out. She wasn't actually going to a villain free escape room. Mika was scared of escape rooms. Harper teleported to the house where the invite said the party was. Harpers stomach turned as she stepped into the large house, where she instantly found Chapa and Mika. She walked over with a smile on her face.
"Hey Harp looks like you escaped."
Chapa said while laughing.
"Yeah."
————————————
Ray walked down to the school and noticed Bose in the classroom.
"Bose? I thought you were at that party."
Bose turned his head.
"Oh yeah, I was. But the chips I brought ran out so I had to go and get more. But then I realized I left my hoodie. Oh! And now I just got a text from my friend."
Ray looks at the picture. He noticed a girl, with brown hair, hazel eyes, a black leather jacket, and blue jeans. She was standing next to Chapa and Mika.
"Bose. GET IN MY CAR!"
————————————-
An angry Ray pulled up in front of the house. Bose was more then scared. And just for once, he actually realized what was happening. He knew, Harper was as dead as disco. Ray stormed inside the house. The room went quiet, and Harper could not be more then scared as she felt Rays hard stare burn into the back of her head.
"Harper. Now."
The same sinking feeling was felt in Harpers stomach as she clenched her eyes tight and walked towards Ray. She felt Rays harsh grasp carry her out of the house, his hand holding onto the collar of her jacket. Ray shoved Harper into the back row of his pick up. He drove away with sweat dripping down his face. But, the only thing shown on Harpers face, was pure fear, and a single tear.
"Why Harper. Why?"
Ray said as he pulled up to a red light. Harper wanted to cry. To let all the pain out, but she couldn't. Harper stayed quiet.
"Answer me Harper!"
Ray yelled at her, only making her curl up into a small ball in the back seat. Another tear escaped.
"I'm sorry."
Harper said weakly. Her whole body shook in fear of Ray. Ray breathed heavily.
"What did you say to me?"
He asked. Harper stayed quiet. The fear. The pain. The hurt. But most of all, the betrayal. Harper looked out the window when she felt a harsh grasp on her ankle.
"Answer me Harper!"
Ray yelled as he pressed the gas.
"I'M SORRY OKAY!"
She yelled at him. The pain in Harpers chest felt like she was shot by a bullet, take that back. She had been shot by bullets in the past. But this pain was different. It wouldn't just go away.
At this point, Harper couldn't help but just cry. Tears ran down her face as quiet sobs escaped from her. Ray felt bad. He knew he was being overprotective, and way too strict. He knew this would happen. But, Harper crying? Harper only cried when she was in serious pain. Ray pulled into the garage and looked back. Harper hid her face from Ray. Ray placed his hand on her leg but she moved it away and cried more.
"Why did you lie to me Harper."
Harper stopped crying and met Rays gaze.
"I-I didn't wanna. Honestly."
Ray sighed.
"Then why did you?"
Harper looked down.
"I didn't wanna look like a baby. A wuss."
Ray knew Harper always likes to look strong, powerful. But that only came with time. She's only 13. The poor girl just wanted to prove it to him. Ray sighed.
"Harper. You can't do this to me. I'm not in my forty's yet and your already giving me greys."
Harper looked up confused.
"I thought you were 54?"
Ray laughed and shook his head.
"The others don't need to know."
Harper let out a small giggle.
"But seriously Harper. I'm very upset. I expected you to be better. I don't like it when you lie to me. I want you to know that."
Harper looked up.
"Please. I'm already paying for it. My stomach has been cramping since I came up with a lie to tell you."
Ray laughed.
"I'm sorry I lied. It won't happen again, sir."
Ray looked back at Harper.
"Sir? That's fancy."
Harper just gave a little shrug.
"Mom and Dad made us say that when we apologized."
Ray looked Harper in the eyes.
"I want a Harper apology."
Harper looked into Rays eyes.
"I'm sorry Dad. I won't let it happen again."
Ray nodded as the two got out of the car. They walked into the Mans Nest and sat down on the couch to watch a movie together. But that same feeling made Harper get up from the couch and stumble to the bathroom. As soon as she made it to the toilet, she puked. Ray kneeled beside her and held her hair back. He rubbed her back slowly. Harper sat back in Rays arms and sighed. She got up and brushed her teeth and Ray carries her to bed. That night, Ray slept in the Mans Nest, with one eye open, waiting for her to come find him.
Eventually, Harper came out with a small, pink blanket, one end had a unicorn head, the other had a butt and tail. It was still in one piece, even though it was 13 years old.  Harper held it hugged closely to her chest. She was still sleeping. Ray grabbed her hand and guided her over to the couch. Harper and Ray laid next to each other. Ray fell asleep after Harper was out cold.