New Boy Part 3

Justin: Hey Chapa! Wanna hang again today?
Me: Hell yeah. After school 'round 8ish?
Justin: You know it.
Chapa wore her red dress, with Justin's sweatshirt over the top, making Chloe ball her hands into fists.
"Hey Chloe."
Chloe was angry.
"That's not Harpers sweatshirt. Is it Chapa?"
Chapa rolled her eyes.
"Why do you care?"
Chloe turned around and closed her door. Chapa ran downstairs.
"Hi Momma!"
Chapa said happily.
"There's the birthday girl!"
Chapa kissed her Mom and grabbed a pear.
"I'm going to school."
"Are you sure you don't just wanna stay home? It's fine by me."
To Chapa, she wanted to stay home, it wasn't a bad idea. Avoid Harper. And Avoid Mikas death glare.
"No it's okay. Gotta bring Chloe to school anyways. Besides we have a test today."
Chapa grabbed Chloe by the hand and walked her to SwAG. When they arrived, the classroom was empty. The lights were on, but nobody was there. Soon, A tired, cranky, Harper came down.
"Get our of bed he says. It's Chapas BIRTHDAY he says! It's time for SCHOOL he says! Yeah Yeah, cause I'm gonna get out of my nice, warm *sneeze* comfy *cough* bed. Just *cough* for me to sit in a *sneeze* classroom."
Harper turned and shivered.
"H-Hey C-C-Chapa."
Harper stuttered, admiring her cheating girlfriend.
"Hey Harper. You look cold."
Harper laughed.
"Yeah. My bed is warm. But my dad dumped a bucket of ice on me. The worst part is he put green food d-dye in it, and stained my s-sheets."
Harper sat down, giving Chloe a hug. Harper looked over and looked at Chapas sweatshirt.
"Is that m-mine?"
Chapa laughed.
"Y-Yeah."
Harper got up and gave Chapa a hug, but in the process, a certain odor stood out. Harper knew it was one thing. Justin.
"Are you sure that's mine? It looks a little big.."
Harper said quietly.
"Yes Harper. Sheesh."
Harper rolled her eyes.
"Okay okay. Hey so I will pick you up at eight at your house for our date okay?"
Harper replied smiling.
Chapa frowned.
"Sorry Harper. I can't. I have to go see my Step Mom and Dad in prison today. My Mom is forcing me."
Harper frowned.
"Oh okay..."
Harper sat down at her desk. Ray was able to tell, that something was wrong with her. She always kept her head up unless she was sick. Ray continued to teach as he wondered what was wrong with Harper. So, since Ray knew Harper had a basic understanding of ASL, he made a simple sentence.
"👈🏻👌🏼-You okay."
Harper gave a small nod as she looked down. Ray smirked as he turned the screen off and pulled out a stack of papers.
"Alright I need help getting rid of these. Any ideas?"
Mika scoffed.
"Recycle them."
Ray ignored Mika completely.
"Burn them."
Chapa answered, expecting to hear Harper agree.
"Throw them in a volcano! That's were cheaters belong!"
Harper answered.
Ray smiled.
"Love that! Accept the cheaters part. I don't know what that means."
Harper teleported everyone to the top of a volcano, and threw the papers in, watching them burn. Harper teleported the group back and smiled. Ray knew she had fun. Soon enough, class was over. Harper knew she was gonna spy on Chapa today.
***
Harper hid behind a bush. She watched Justin and Chap go to the park, stargaze, and go for late night Hip Hop Purée. They were know walking home and stopped in front of their houses.
"I had fun tonight Justin."
Chapa said holding his hand.
"Me too. It's so nice to hang out with you."
He replied. They stared into each others eyes. Chapa felt herself moving closer to him. They leaned in for a kiss. Harper closed her eyes, stopping the tears, clenching the  necklace box in her pocket. Harper ran around the two creating a cold breeze, and ran back to the Mans Nest. The two stopped before they kissed, and laughed.
"That's weird it was warm before."
Justin laughed.
"Yeah..."
Chapa stammered. Harper. Harper did it. Chapa said goodbye and marched inside.
At home, Harper wailed into her pillow, her pillow slowly becoming soaked with her tears. Ray, tried to calm her down, only making her cry harder.
"I can't believe her."
Mika scowled.
"Why are you angry?
Miles asked.
"Uh because Harper is my best friend!"
Harper slowly stopped crying and threw the necklace box across the room. The small piece of paper fell to the floor. Harper curled up into a ball, facing the wall.
"I just wanna be alone for a bit."
Harper pleaded quietly. Ray, Schwoz, Mika, Miles, and Bose, left. They five stood outside her room, examining the box and note page. Chapa stomped pass them, but Ray blocked her before she walk into Harpers room.
"Move."
Chapa demanded. Ray shook his head.
"You really hurt Harpers feelings. If you wanna yell at her, don't do it right now."
Ray defended. Chapa looked to Mika for an answer.
"Did Harper mention giving you a present?"
Mika asked. Chapa nodded.
"This was a note she had in her pocket."
They all looked at the printed note.
Chapa, you mean the world to me. For your birthday, I wanted to give you something that means the world to me. It may not seem like much. It may not be great, but I think you'll like it. I love you with all of my heart. Please don't turn away from me. Please don't be mad with me. I love you my little monster.
-Harper.
Mika handed the necklace box to Chapa. Ray gasped at the sight. Inside, on a rose gold chain, was pendant. It was an eagle, that had a rose in it's talons. The colors on the pendant were very vibrant. Attached, was the Captain man logo, and a little silver ribbon charm. Ray was in tears.
"That was the necklace Parker gave to Harper on her fifth birthday. It meant so so so much to her."
Ray explained.
"What does the ribbon mean?"
Ray had tears in his eyes.
"When Harper was baby, she was born with lung cancer. She almost died of it. That's the awareness ribbon."
Chapa held the necklace in her hands.
"If it meant so much to her, why'd she give it to me?"
Bose locked eyes with Chapa.
"Because you mean more to her Chapa."
Everyone nodded. By now, Harper was over Chapa. She had her guitar out and was playing. Chapa creaked the door open, but only to listen to Harpers song.
You can play with my emotions,
You can listen to my song,
Let me listen to your pleads,
I'm a never take you back.
You can ask me for forgiveness,
You can ask me for my love,
I'll listen to you ask  me,
Ill never take you back in my heart.
Chapa walked in. Harper looked up and out her guitar down.
"Oh look it's the birthday girl. Come to break my heart again?"
Chapa looked down.
"I came to apologize."
Harper laughed.
"Chapa. Crushing on a random boy when you have a girlfriend is just low, even for you. But crushing on my best friend since kindergarten? That takes being low to a whole new level."
Chapa set the necklace on Harpers dresser.
"I'll never be able to keep this."
Harper snatched and admired the charms. She tossed it at Chapa who caught it.
"Keep it. And keep your excuses. I'm not listening to you anymore. You ruined everything!"
Harper exclaimed getting upset. Chapa huffed.
"I couldn't help it! Justin is cute okay?!"
Harper turned around.
"HES MY BEST FRIEND! AND A VILLAIN. WHAT HAPPENS IF HE CAUSES A CRIME?!"
Harper screamed.
"I DONT KNOW OKAY?!"
Chapa cried. Harper ran over and pushed Chapa out of her room.
"AND STAY OUT!"
Harper yelled crying. Chapa watched Harper lock the door. Harper slid down against the door and started to slam her fist against the floor and scream. She screamed louder and louder. It got to the point where her body length mirror, and makeup table mirror shattered into a million pieces. Harper pushed her chair over. She fell on top of her bed and cried herself to sleep.