Birthday Again

Harper woke up with Chapa on the brain. Harper ran over to her closet and grabbed one of Chapas sweatshirts -she might have stole it from Chapa- and quickly put it on over a denim dress. Harper put on a pair of cowgirl boots. Harper curled her hair and held it back with a flower headband. Harper skipped downstairs with the biggest smile on her face. Harper settles down in her chair and patiently waited for Chapa. Ray snuck up behind Harper and covered her eyes with his hands.
"Guess who?"
Harper laughed.
"Hi Daddy."
Ray sat down next to Harper.
"You excited? Today's your birthday!"
Harper shrugged.
"This is the first time without Mamma."
Ray kissed his daughters cheek.
"Its okay sweetie. Hey, it's the first year we're celebrating together huh?"
Harper smiled.
"True."
"Hey? Who's sweatshirt is that?"
Harper gave Ray a smile. Just then, the doors swung open. Chapa ran through the doors and grabbed Harper in a big hug.
"Happy Birthday my little monster! Wait a second... is that my sweatshirt?"
Harper let out a small giggle as she shrugged her shoulders. Chapa couldn't help but kiss Harpers cheek. Mika came in the classroom with Bose.
"Hey Mika. Where's Miles?"
Mika groaned.
"Miles has a fever. He couldn't come today. Happy Birthday Harp!"
Harper smiled.
"Okay you guys. Let's settle down."
The kids settled down as Ray turned the board on, turning the channel to a file.
"I want you to watch  this video of one of Harpers best missions in Dystopia. Harp, why don't you narrate."
Harper smiled widely as Ray pressed play.
"So those thugs right there, are the worst in all of Dystopia. They were wanted for mass murder, smuggling drugs, kid napping, shop lifting, raping, and robbery. Yeah. I handed their butts to them. This was when I was... I'll say around ten. Anyways,if you see right here, the first mistake they did was raise there guns. You wait for them. That'll get more jail time for threatening  law enforcement. Now, the second mistake is they attacked first. That is a big no no on their end. In the end of this, four of the guys got life sentences, and the main guy. Well, he made a visit to an old friend of mine. I watched that behind the glass window."
Bose tilted his head.
"Who was your friend."
Harper smiled as she brought a picture of her standing next to a chair with cuffs attached and lots of wires.
"This is my old pal 'Old Zappy'.  He put on quite the show. Who wants to see a video of the dudes execution with Old Zappy?"
Chapa stood up.
"Gladly!"
Bose nodded. Mika shook her head.
"I'm not watching a video of a guy dying!"
Bose stopped.
"I didn't know he was going to die!"
Harper looked to Bose.
"What do you think execution means?"
Bose shrugged.
"Okay Harper. Next off we will be talking about my fourteenth birthday."
Everyone rolled their eyes and broke off into separate conversations.  Chapa and Harper cuddled on Harpers chair as they watched the execution video. Bose and Mika has a chat as Ray quietly read his book. Harper ran her fingers through Chapas short hair.
"I love you Harper. Even if you still hate me."
Harper shook her head and kissed Chapas cheek.
"I love you. Let me explain why I ignored you after you were in the closet."
Chapa nodded and got comfy.
"You see, I was kinda upset about what you did. Not to mention totally scared. And so, I kinda wanted to get payback. And push your buttons a little."
Chapa looked up.
"I shouldn't have did what I had done."
Harper smiled and pulled Chapa close.
"It's okay my little Cinnabon. It's all gonna be okay. Let's just try to forget that the fight even happened."
Chapa smirked.
"What fight?"
Harper started laughing.
"Exactly. Hey I was kinda still wondering... are we still on for our date tonight?"
Chapa smiled as she placed her head in the crook of Harpers neck.
"Of course."
Harper closed her eyes and listened to the soft sound of Chapas breathing.
——————-
School had finished, and Ray and Harper were relaxing on the couch in the Mans Nest. Ray pulled out a small, pink box. He placed it onto Harpers lap gently.
"Open it."
Harper smiled as she opened the box, where a small, Herat shape locket laid. On the outside was the Danger Force logo. Harper opened it, to find a picture of her family. It was a copy of that family portrait all those years ago, that Harper and Chapa had found among the rubble. On the other side, was a picture of Ray and Harper, at the courthouse. A bright smile gleamed across Harpers face.
"Look at the back Harp."
Ray said quietly. Harper flipped it over, to see something engraved.
For my sweet, caring, and powerful daughter. Love Dad.
Harper was in awe. She loved it. Ray helped her clip it around her neck. Ray hugged Ray tightly.
"Thank you so much Daddy."
Ray smiled at his little girl.
"Your welcome sweetie.
Harper stared at the little locket in amazement. Then Harper remembered her date with Chapa. She kissed her fathers cheek and ran to her bedroom to go get dressed. Harper found a dark blue skirt, and paired it with a long sleeved purple shirt. Harper slid on her black flats, and looked at herself in the mirror. Then, the emergency alarm went off. Harper groaned so loudly, Ray could hear it in the Mans Nest. Harper teleported to the Mans Nest with a big grumpy face. Ray had already triple beeped the others. Harper grabbed her gum and blew a bubble. Harper walked over to the couch when a chair zoomed upstairs.
"I can't have one date without it having to get interrupted can I? No I can't!"
Harper saw Chapa in a dark red shirt, and a black skirt. She had a pair of ballet flats on, and her hair had a little braid in it. Harper was amazed.
"Well you look rather hot today."
Harper said quietly. Chapa went red as Harper laughed.
"C'mon lets suit up."
Chapa nodded and blew a bubble and transformed. The girls chatted about how angry they were. Mika and Bose then came upstairs. But, Harper noticed something a bit different with the two. Mika looked, different. She was wearing a light pink dress, while Bose was wearing a white tee, with a black leather jacket, and jeans.
"Why are you guys all fancy?"
Harper asked. Mika and Bose went red.
"BECAUSE WE WANNA!"
They both yelled. Harper had a large smile grow across her face.
"I shall call them... Bomika!"
"Alright cut the chatter. Obviously, you guys have dates that your missing, so let's just catch the villains."
——————-
"Maniac is going to have a taste of Billy, Bob, Billy Bob, and Karen!"
Harper said angry.
"Who are they?"
Bose asked.
"Who cares. What I care about is slapping him in the face."
—————-
The team had fought Dr. Minyak. And now the kids had gone off on their dates. Harper and Chapa sat quietly on the top of the mountain that the Mans Nest was built on. The area was still set up, and the girls couldn't have been happier.
Harper rubbed Chapas cheek and giggled.
"God your so beautiful."
Harper gushed over Chapa. Chapa blushed as she hid her face in Harpers chest. Harper played with Chapas hair, while Chapa mentally freaked out about how she was going to give Harper her birthday present. Chapa was super nervous. But, Chapa couldn't pull her eyes off of a new necklace that Harper was wearing.
"Who gave you that Harp?"
Chapa had her fingers crossed that it wasn't Mika. Or the boys at lease.
"Oh! My Dad gave it to me."
Chapa was relieved. But, she felt like her present was copying Rays. Chapa was so scared. But... she had to do it. She had decided on it when they went on their trip to Hawaii. Chapa looked over to Harper and gazed into her eyes. Harper noticed and smiled. This was the best birthday ever. Harper was overjoyed that she got to spend it with her beautiful girlfriend.
"Harper... I-I wanted to give you this."
Chapa stammered as she pulled out the tiny, dark red box. Harpers eyes scanned over the tiny box. Her heart melted at the sight.
"I-I-I know it's kinda copying off of R-Ray. B-But I kinda got it a while ago s-so yeah."
Harper opened the box, and was shocked to find a tiny ring. It was a light rose gold, with diamonds, and topaz, Harpers birthstone. On the back of the outside was written, My Life's Purpose.
Harper was at a loss for words.
"I'm sorry if you hate it."
Harper looked over at Chapa, tears swelling in her eyes.
"I love it. Just like you."
Chapa grinned.
"Please promise me we won't fight anymore. That we can stay together forever?"
Harper was frozen. She slowly nodded and kissed Chapa. Her eyes grew heavy. Chapa helped slide the ring on. Harper knew what she was getting Chapa for her birthday.
"Thank you so much Chapa. But, how could you ever get this?"
Chapa let out a nervous laugh.
"Umm. I might have borrowed some blood money. You know, a loan."
Harper shook her head as she kissed Chapas cheek.
"It's perfect. God. I love you so so so much."
Harper said as she laid her head on Chapas shoulder. The girls gazed at the stars, until Chapas phone buzzed. Her Step Mom.
"Hold on my little monster. I have to take this."
Harper nodded as she admired the ring.
Lula Elena Chapa Da Silva! Where are you??
"On a date with my girlfriend for her birthday? Why?"
I don't know? Maybe because it is past your curfew!
Chapa groaned.
"Curfew is at 7. I get out of school at 3. I'm obviously always going to be late. Why can't you be like Mom or Dad and not care?"
Because I wanna know where my daughter is. Now get home this instant. Or else you'll be getting the belt.
"Okay."
Chapa hung up and looked at the time. It was only 8:30. Chapa sat back down next to Harper.
"I'm sorry to bail on you like this Harp, but my Step Mom needs me home right away."
Harper tilted her head.
"Why?"
Chapa sighed.
"She set a curfew for me for 7. I'm gonna be punished if I don't get home soon."
Harper smiled.
"I'll teleport you."
Chapa nodded. Harper teleported the two girls to Chapas house. Harper kissed Chapas cheek. Chapa went to open the door, but it was locked.
"I had a lot of fun today Chapa. I'll see you tomorrow okay?"
"Okay. Love you."
Harper smiled.
"Love you too."
Harper teleported home as the door was opened by Chapas Step Mom, who had a leather belt in her hand.
"You're home late."
*Note: Image at the top are Harpers presents from Ray and Chapa*