Believe Me

Harper zapped the alarm clock. Though, a voice still rang.
"Harper! Me and Henry wanna talk to you."
Harper tossed to her side and hugged Chapa, who happily cuddled closely. Charlotte shook Harpers side.
"What Charlotte?"
"We gotta go back to Dystopia. We're leaving now."
Harper shook her head as she climbed into a hug.
"Hey we'll see you for Easter okay?"
Harper nodded. They all left and Harper was left to cuddle with Chapa. Harper hugged Chapa from behind, who curled up in a ball, and flipped around to be in Harpers chest.
"You're a little cuddle bug aren't you?"
Chapa slowly smiled and nodded. Harper ran her fingers through Chapas hair. Harper closed her eyes and smiled. She loved Chapa. Harper turned her head when there was a knock on the door.
"Yeah Dad?"
Harper said causing Ray to smile widely.
"Breakfast is ready if you girls are hungry."
Ray walked out as Chapa sat up. She looked over to Harper and looked back at the sheets.
"What's wrong Chapa?"
Harper a asked.
"I'm sorry I fell asleep on our date last night. I ruined it."
Harper shook her head.
"You only made it better. I promise you that."
Chapa looked over and smiled. The two girls laid back down and giggled.
"You wanna see a funny video of Bose eating my lotion, then me catching him? I got it on my security camera- I mean phone! Did I say security camera? I meant phone!"
Chapa sat up with wide eyes.
"You have security cameras?"
Harper pointed to a small teddy bear, one eye was blue, the other, black. The black was the camera lens.
"It's on a time schedule. Records before lunch, after lunch, and then records again at 5 to 6am."
Chapa sat up and laughed. The girls sat in peaceful silence as they stared at the blank wall. It was a Sunday. They both had school tomorrow. Harper looked over and kissed. Chapas cheek.
"Wanna get breakfast?"
Chapa nodded. Harper teleported the two girls off the bunk bed. Somehow, Harper was in a pair of pajamas, while Chapa was in  one of Harpers sweatshirts. They didn't know Ray changed them out of their dresses the night before. He had the burns, and bruises to prove it too. Harper grabbed her crutches and they slowly walked off to the kitchen. The girls sat down for breakfast and Ray plopped two waffles on their plates. Harper immediately picked the one up and took a big bite, ripping the waffle in half. Chapa started laughing hysterically. Harper tilted her head as she continued to rip her waffle apart. Chapa gave up and started to eat like Harper. The girls giggled as they ate their breakfast. When Chapa finished her first waffle, and Harper was begging Ray for a fourth, her phone started to ring. Chapa put it on speaker and walked into the Mans Nest.
"Hello?"
"Chapa?! Where are you! You leave for a date and you don't call me back to tell me you're not coming home?"
Chapa looked towards the kitchen, where Harper walked out, shaking her head.
"We ate them all."
Chapa held back a laugh as she turned back to her mom.
"Mom, I'm at my friends house! Can I call you later?"
"Is it that Harper kids house? I strictly told you that you are forbid to even look in her direction. She is bad for your health."
Harper walked away, tears streaming down her face. She slammed her door shut and fell against it crying. All she wanted to do was hold Chapa without anyone being mean to them. That and her parents to be alive. Chapa saw Harper walk off and felt frustrated.
"Well what are you going to do about it? I'm at her house and that's it. We're friends Mom! It's just what friends do!"
Chapa hung up and blocked her Mom. She ran off to Harpers bedroom and knocked repeatedly.
"Harper I'm sorry. Please just let me in."
Nothing. Chapa slid down against the door. Then, to her surprise, it slowly opened. Harper was sitting in her chair, watching tv. Chapa walked in and sat down in front of her. She rested the back of her head in between Harpers  legs.  Chapa closed her eyes as she felt Harpers fingers run through her hair. Harper kept her eyes focused on the tv. Harper made room on the big chair for Chapa and invited her up. Chapa quickly crawled onto the chair and leaned into Harpers embrace.
Harper held Chapa close and closed her eyes. She never told anyone, but she could see the future sometimes. Harper focused all her attention and slowly drifted off into the void. She watched as one scene showed the two girls in class holding hands. Another showed the girls cuddling. Then, Harper watched in awe as she was held back while Chapa was being killed. The woman sounded like someone familiar. Chapas Mom. They were in some of the same clothes as right now. Harper got out of the terrible void and cried into Chapas shoulder.
"What's wrong Harp?"
Harper cried and tried to choke out words, but nothing could get past the tears.
"It's okay Harp. I got you."
Harper looked down.
"You can't go home. Your Mom is going to kill you!"
Chapa shook her head.
"She won't kill me."
Harper denied it.
"I saw in the void. She was killing you. I can't let you die. You are my everything. Life without you would be meaningless! It's going to happen today. I can't let her hurt you."
Chapa held Harper close.
"Why don't we go out for a walk. Get your mind off things."
Harper nodded. She grabbed Chapa a pair of leggings from her drawer, and pointed to the bathroom. Harper decided on a black dress. She put a leather jacket over it. The two girls walked down the busy street. Then, something yanked the two girls into an alley. Harper was thrown against a wall. Someone held her back. Harper wanted to pull her gum out, but realized she didn't have it. Harper thrashed in the masked persons arms. She had bolts getting ready to fire. Harper looked to Chapa who was being held against the wall.
"You have been a horrible daughter Lula Elena Chapa De Silva. Very bad. Now to prevent this from happening again, you're going to die."
Harper screamed as she knew what was coming next. It would all be over soon.